War of 3015: Chapter Seven

I look into his eyes to find his on mine. His dark blue eyes are shinning slightly probably due to the chandeliers on the ceiling. He looks very much like a prince in his black suit... He starts to smile but stops mid-way. He puts one of his hands on my waist and brings it closer to him. He takes a step backwards and starts leading without any protest from me. As I follow him, his eyes always stay on me. He never once looked at the many people sitting at the tables and watching us closely, never once looked at his father's reaction... I felt extremely special and an odd feeling started to spreadout throughout my body. I was happy. For once in what seems to be an eternity of sadness, I was happy dancing with my enemy's son. I hear whispers of praise at the 'cuteness' of us both, of how we seemed to dance perfectly together...

I could only imagine what King Dameo was doing. I bet he was furious with rage. I hold back a laugh. 

As Eithan turns, I can now see the crowd watching us and Dameo if I wished to. At first, I did not look away from Eithan's eyes. I could not. His blue eyes were compelling and luring me... It was only when a loud thud sounded through the room that I broke our stare and saw Dameo leaving his now broken seat and raging off to another room of the castle, and maybe leaving it all together. I look at various people in the crowd. I eventually find myself looking at Sarah, who is smiling, and then to her son, who seems mesmerized, and then to Cordelia who had tears in her eyes.

I guess I failed at masking my emotions.

Eithan leans into my ear, "What is your plan now? You can't continue your previous plan now that you are on my father's badside."

He continued to lead me while I tried to think of another plan.

I don't know if it's because I was starring into his eyes and was being side tracked with many newly found emotions, but I couldn't think of a new plan. I had blown it. I had failed my rebellion group.

He smiles. "I think I know what to do." He whispers before leaning into my ear once more.

"You will marry me. You don't have to like me, but this will allow you to stay in the castle and I can relay a lot of important information to you and you can keep tabs on father and his next actions to find a way for his downfall."

As his lips get further away from my ear, I have complete shock on my face. I did not mask it. I just stared into his eyes and watched his lips turn into a beautiful smile.

His plan is perfect.

You don't have to like me.

His voice echoes in my head. Does that mean he wants me to love him, or doesn't mind if I fall for him?

"Do you agree with my plan?" He asks, grinning still.

I nod.

This seems to please him. A lot.

He stops dancing and faces the crowd who's been watching us closely for the past several minutes.

"I have an announcement to make." He started, while his left hand reached out for mine. "I would like you to meet my fiancée, Roselyn, the new Princess and the future Queen of Carlistan." He says, our hand now intertwined with one another.

Many whispers among each other.

I only hear bits and peices of certain whispers, but I could clearly understand the main stuff. First a lot of them were surprised as to hearing me being called by my real name instead of Nina. Second, some said they 'knew it all along' and others said that 'it's about time Eithan finds himself a wife', 'Dameo finally got what he deserves'....

While Eithan explained what happened to everyone who wanted to know, I found myself outside on a balcony staring out at the huge fountain in deep thought. Many things had to change now that I am to be Eithan's wife. I could never leave him. If I did, I would be no better than Dameo breaking the royal rules. I could never go back to being the leader of my rebellion clan. Saying yes to him meant leaving my old life behind. This will be the last thing I do as leader then I would have to step down and allow someone else to take over. I never tought that this mission of mine would lead to be resigning my leader status. This thought saddened me. I loved leading my rebellion clan. In a way, I will still lead something once Eithan takes over the throne, but on a much larger scale and more in the shadow of Eithan.

And then there was Eithan. I haven't made up my thoughts on why he asked me this and if it was strictly for my mission's purpose. His actions and his words doesn't match up. Furthurmore, this friendship might turn ugly and maybe even dangerous if not handled right. I could wind up dead or hated by everyone if he chooses that he has enough of me. No. That won't happen. You will not get killed by him. You aren't just an ordinary women. You know how to fight well and are very skilled. My mind reminded me. I sigh.

"Why are you looking so sad? This evening's events turned out better for you, hasn't it?" Sarah asks.

I turn my head to my right to find her eyes on mine and her face smiling. Sarah leans on the balcony and looks out to the fountain.

"You aren't sure about your feelings, aren't you? About his?" She continued.

I did not reply. She was right. I had no idea about my feelings about this situation, about Eithan and I sure as hell had no idea what Eithan was feeling, if he felt anything for me or if it is just to make sure I bring down his father.

"You are a smart woman. You'll figure it out eventually, hopefully it won't be to late when you figure it all out."

She pauses.

"I almost did not attend to this celebration. Now I'm glad that I did. You will be good for your contry's people. You will be loved my namy, that I already know, Roselyn. Besides, I'm sure your rebellion group will still follow you even if you will be Queen."

My eyes went wide, and I hated myself for showing such emotion on my face. So she knew all along who I was. Or did she? She did want to talk to me in private right away, but she let to hint to suggest that she knew about my rebellion clan.

"I did not know this right away, my dear. Don't you worry. It was only when Eithan spoke your true name that I recognized you. I don't know if you remember, but I was one of the ladies who gave you some money when you were asking for some for a sick friend of yours. I sent a follower to make sure no one took the money away from you and that it got to your friend. It was by my follower's eyes that I learned that this sick friend of yours was in a rebellion group which you were the leader. I kept quiet about this, because, as you know, I dislike King Dameo a lot. Eversince I sent a follower to learn the newest news of the rebellions going on in your contry. Your clan's stories impressed me very much. There were obviously smartly planned. I did not notice you when you first arrived because you were all nicely dressed up and not in that armor you wore. When Eithan said your name, everything made sense. I knew I liked you for some reason, but the reason was still unclear to me."

This was bad. I had forgotten that my name was not a secret to anyone. This meant that other royals must know now as well.

"Don't worry, most don't care about rebellion clans. I bet no one else here knows but me."She added, reading my thoughts.

I hope she's right. And I hoped that our citizens had forgotten my name. Or at least, be smart enough to keep quiet.

Sarah left.

I was alone again on the balcony realizing how Eithan's plan had drastically affected my life and it's future.

A tall black haired man walked up to me.

"My master, what is your plan?"

I turn around quickly, recognizing the voice. Leo. What was he doing here?

"Serinity asked me to follow you, to make sure you would stay alright. She has taken your role temporarily back home. Weather or not she would have told me to accompany you here, I would have come anyways. I will never leave your side, my leader." He paused. "So congratulations on becoming an official royal. You will make a beautiful future Queen of Calistan. But you must realize what the others will realiaze after celebrating your new rank. You will have to resign as leader. Of course, the question is when will you resign? After you have successfully brought down Dameo or right now?"

"After I bring Kind Dameo down." I reply without hesitation.

"Good." He says smiling.

"I plan on leaving the rebellion clan when you become Queen. I will be your loyal mailman and servant."

I did not expect him to leave simply because I did, but I was grateful that I would have at least one other person attached to my past life.

"Will you guard my sleeping quarters tonight? I bet Dameo will try something when I return."

He nods right away then says his farewells and leaves.