War of 3015: Chapter Four

Night had fallen, the moon was shining through my bedroom window as I leaned by the window pane, to await Leo's arrival, with a candle illuminated in my hand. Leo was to appear from the forest that was near by the back of this castle. He would be coming with a letter, and today, return with a letter of mine stating what happened today, which to be honest wasn't much of importance. 

The door of my room slowly creaked as someone was coming in. Not moving a bit, I stayed by the window. If it was Dameo, I would have to see what he wants and hope to get out of the thing I pretty much thought he wanted. And of course, it would mean that I will be unable to meet up with Leo. Which would arise problems because he would assume something has happened to me.

Moving my head slightly, as a few minutes slipped by without anyone talking to her, my gaze lands on the shadow on the wall near the door. The shadow had his arms crossed, his glimmering eyes resting on hers. His black hair fell a bit in front of his eyes, making it almost impossible for her to tell where his eyes were if it wasn't for the faint glimmer in his eyes. One of his feet was leaning against the wall, the other firmly on the ground. He was wearing a black shirt and black pants, making him seem like part of the shadows.

Unable to recognize who it was, I stayed silent for a few minutes and turned my gaze back towards the outside.

"How are you holding up?"A familiar male voice spoke, breaking the silence of the night.

It was thanks to his voice that I recognized him. I look away from the window again, Leo still not present, to meet the dark face of King Dameo's son, Prince Eithan.

After realizing he wasn't going to get an answer from me, he continued with, "What you did today, with the plate, only made things worse, as you know." He paused. "It only cost you time and a kiss, but the next time you might not be so lucky."

I shudder at the memory. The kiss was near the end of the dreadful dinner when I was about to leave towards the kitchen after picking up everyones finished plates, when Dameo grabbed my shoulder, making me turn, where he took it for a chance to land a kiss. The kiss was terrible, it left a burning feeling behind, a terrible burning that still wasn't gone completely from my lips. Where his hand had touched me still felt present, like he had attached a string to connect me to him. I was just starting to succeed into forgetting what happened, when he had made me re-live it again.

"His touch alone is terrible, but his kiss is a kiss only a devil can give." I state, unable to stop from saying my discust.

Prince Eithan didn't reply right away. "If you think the kiss is as bad as the devil, then what he'll do next will be even worse then a devil." He paused. "You should leave."

I rolled my eyes. "Why is it that you always want me to leave?"

Eithan shrugged his shoulders and stopped leaning on the wall, his arms un-crossing. He walked towards her, making himself appear beside her in front of the same window pane. Leo was still a no-show.

"You know, you need to tame this soldier of yours." Eithan states.

I look at him confused. I did not tell him that I was to meet with anyone who was from my group of soldiers. So how did he know? How did he figure out that I was to meet with one?

"I believe his name was Leo. He came from the forest awhile ago, where I just happened to be going for a walk of mine, when I spotted him. At first, I thought he was a threat to me, but then he asked for you, which led me to believe he wasn't." He paused.

"Where is he now?" I asked quickly, not liking how he paused in the middle of his story. I haven't made up my mind about him yet. For all I know he could be as evil as his father, which if it was his father instead of him at that point, Leo would have been killed.