War of 3015: Chapter Five

Começar do início

"Am I right?" He asks again, this time trying to restrain his voice.

I shake my head. Even though that since he brought his name up, I could think clearly again. "No, of course not. You're much more handsome and nicer then your son." I reply, cringing in my head at my own words.

"You're lying!" He yells, throwing a mini vase towards me once more.

I block the shot cleanly automaticly since it was aimed for my head with my arm. Blood streamed down on my arm.

I hear footsteps becoming louder and louder. I look toward the door to find a black haired man staring right at me then toward his father in an angry glare.

"What are you doing?" Eithan yells.

Dameo laughs. "Well isn't this surprising, the man who Nina's in love with comes to her rescue."

"Father, what the hell are you talking about? What the hell happened here?" Eithan asks loudly.

Silence.

"Then leave if you don't love her. What is it to you what I do with her? You never cared of what I did before."

Eithan looks at me. I nod slightly, encouraging him to leave. He looks away, towards the ground for a moment before looking at his father. His eyes were angrier then before.

"Why must you do this? Why wasn't mother enough?"

He slowly turns and walks out of the room.

Dameo looked clearly wounded by his son's words. He just stood where he was for a few moments. "Do you see what you've done, Nina? Do you see how much trouble you caused over something so stupid?" He yells at me suddenly. I jump, not expecting an outburst of yelling from him. He stops as though to catch his breath then continues, "As punishment, you will not eat breakfeast before our ride gets here tomorrow morning."

He leaves the room and slams the door shut.

I stay on my bed for a few minutes, afraid he'd come back. After a bit of time elapsed, I slowly look at the cuts on my legs. They were not deep, like I thought. I wiped off the blood and then began picking up the pieses of the broken vases, not wanting a house maid to pick it up. They had their own problems I didn't need to make them have more.

During the process of cleaning up, the door to my room opens once more. I froze and kept my back towards the door, afraid that it was Dameo.

The door lightly clicks shut.

I slowly pick up two more broken pieces of the shattered vase.

A figure slowly appears in front of me and then sits on the corner of my bed and analyzes me.

"You ok?" Eithan asks in a whisper.

I nod. "Sorry for causing trouble."

He shakes his head. "You did nothing wrong. You did what you should have done instead of letting him do as he wishes."

I continue picking up pieces of the broken vase.

"You shouldn't be picking those up in your hands. You'll cut yourself." He says, taking them out of my hand and into his.

"Now they'll cut you." I interjected.

"That's not a problem. Tomorrow I'll be wearing white gloves so he and everyone else won't know that I have cut hands."

"Thank you."

He stops picking up the pieces of the vase. "For what? For piking these up?"

I shake my head. "For everything. For watching over me, for consoling me, for being my friend..."