𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 || 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞'𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

i'm warning you now, that this book is like one of those ones you'd see on tiktok with the keyboard sound the background and really fast typing where they make fun of wattpad writers. this is that book. read at your own risk.

its so fucking bad its only up bc its funny. if youre looking for a good book then read my other one lmao

It was your lunch break, and you opened your locker to put your books away when a pretty paper fell out.

You're invited to Alice's seventeenth birthday party. You read. Alice Cullen was your best friend. And her brother was your crush. You're too nervous to talk to him, but he likes to talk to you. You'd be at the birthday party, he'd be at the birthday party. You do the math.

"So, y/n, are you coming to my party??" Alice said cheerfully, as she popped up behind you.

"Yes, but-" You tried to say.

"But?! You have to be there." Alice pleaded. She was so bubbly and fun. She brought life to every room. Her yellow eyes were bright and beautiful. Coincidentally, all the Cullen's had yellow eyes which confused you because they were all adopted.

"I know, I know, but Edward is gonna be there, right?" You asked.

"Well, yeah. Ugh, come on y/n you have to talk to him at some point. He probably thinks you hate him." Alice explained. You sighed.

"Okay, okay, fine. I'll talk to him. But you have to help me. What do I say?" You asked. Alice was about to answer when Edward walked by. You fiddled with you hair and fixed your posture. He smiled at you and Alice and walked into the cafeteria. You sighed dreamily. Alice smiled at you as you got red.

"He's so cute." You said watching him sit down next to Jasper and Rosalie. Alice playfully rolled her eyes as you both walked to an empty table.

"Dude, stop staring before he realizes!" Alice whisper-shouted. "Too late." Edward looked over to you and clenched his jaw. You made eye contact briefly and then he looked away like nothing happened. You blushed and looked down.

"Oh my gosh. That was so embarrassing." You explained as you bit into your apple.

"Don't worry about it. I know my brother. It's just the way he is. We both know that." Alice explained. You looked back over to him and your eyes were locked on him. You couldn't look away. He looked over to you and slightly tilted his head. It was like it was some sort of game to him. Although, he didn't smile. It was like a really intense, unofficial staring contest. Finally the bell rang and you walked back to class. You thought about the party. The party was tomorrow night and you had to look perfect and talk perfect. Something almost impossible. Almost.

***

You and Alice were getting ready in her bedroom. You changed into ripped jeans and a white cardigan. Your hair was curled and your makeup was done. But Alice was the real stunner. She had glamorous makeup on, her hair was lightly curled and wore a tiara that had the number seventeen on it. She wore a matching blue dress and white heels.

"Whoa, you look great." You said to Alice.

"Thanks!" She replied smiling. She took a deep breath and walked out. Everyone was waiting for her. The whole house was decorated with blue birthday decorations. The Cullen's house was so big. They were very wealthy which wasn't very common in Forks considering it was such a small town. It didn't affect the personalities of the Cullen's though.

You noticed Edward drinking punch alone in the corner. He looked really nervous but then he turned to you and he smiled. Without thinking you walked over to him.

"Hey," You said looking at Edward. He was wearing a blue button up collared shirt and dark blue jeans.

"Hello, you look great." Edward replied, smiling at you. You tried hard not to turn red but you couldn't help it.

"I'm low on punch. Would you like me to get you a cup?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah sure," You replied quickly. He turned around to the punch table and you sighed of relief. His back muscles showed through his shirt and that only made you more flustered. He turned back around and handed you the punch. Your hands touched and it sent chills down your body. Not only that you had touched him, he was ice cold.

"You're really...cold." You said taking a sip of the punch.

"Yeah, you're right. I should probably go get a sweater." Edward said before he rushed off upstairs. You were confused. Your thoughts were interrupted by Alice.

"Oh my gosh! You talked to him! Tell me everything!" Alice said shaking you lightly.

***

Edward's POV-

That was close. She can't know. Not yet. I have to tell Alice to cover for me.

Suddenly, Alice came rushing into Edward's room.

"Dude! She knows about your skin!" Alice said.

Alice wanted to tell y/n but it would be a lot of information to take in. Especially since they have been friends for so long. I have to go back downstairs before y/n realizes.

Edward put a hoodie on before heading downstairs.

***

Edward came back downstairs and smiled at you. Your heart fluttered every time you saw him.

"Long time no see!" You joked. You immediately regretted saying it. But then Edward chuckled.

"Yeah, I've missed you. And again, you look beautiful." Edward said looking you up and down. You reminded yourself it was nothing, but you thanked him and smiled it off anyways.

"You know, I'm kind of tired. I'd better go." You said. Turning around. He put his hand on your shoulder.

Still cold. But I better not bring it up again. You thought. His touch was memorizing. Your heart skipped a beat when you felt his hand.

"I know Alice was going to drive you home, but since you want to leave early and Alice is probably still partying, I could drive you home." Edward offered.

"Yeah, that would be great, actually. Thanks." You replied. You and Edward walked to his car and you drove home in silence. It wasn't awkward though. Sometimes he would look over to you and smile and sometimes just stare a little bit. But you knew it was nothing. He pulled up to your house and slowed to a stop. Edward got out of the car and opened the door for you.

"Thanks." You said.

"I'll walk you to the door." Edward said putting his arm around your shoulders. You unlocked the door and walked inside.

"Thanks, Edward. For talking to me, and getting me punch, and driving me home." You rambled.

"Anytime." He smiled. He waved and walked back to the car. You closed the door and watched him drive away through the window. You squealed quietly and toppled onto the couch.

That night you went to bed and thought about everything. He was so mysterious. He was confusing and hard to read but it drew you in. You wondered why he was so cold, but couldn't put your finger on it.

It's probably nothing. You thought drifting off to sleep.