The Time that Passed

7 Years Later

During those 7 years, Sakura sailed around the rest of the East Blue. She stayed with Ace and Luffy for 2 years to keep them company and to train them to become stronger. After that, when she was around 16, she decided to join the Marines so she could go to the Grand Line. Sakura was too eager to explore the Grand Line, so she decided to not explore the South and West Blue. 

<A/n: The stories below all occur during these 7 years!>

One day while Sakura was traveling back to an island called Avalon to eat the amazing food there, she was having a quick snack when there seemed to be a robbery. "Thief!" someone yelled. He was running in Sakura's direction. 

"Move! Move! Get out of my way!" he demanded. What a prick, Sakura thought as she stepped aside. But as she did that, she unsheathed one katana and proceeded to trip him with the dull side of her blade. As soon as his body hit the pavement, Sakura jumped onto him and placed her right foot on his body and the blade right at his neck, never taking her attention off of her snack. 

"Don't be so dam rude. Excuse me could've worked too." The thief was so shocked by fear that he couldn't say anything. 

"That's pretty impressive, you brought him down in seconds." Sakura turned around to see a tall, thin, elderly woman with gray hair tied back. 

"Who are you?" Sakura asked.

"My name is Tsuru and I'm a Marine."

"Oh, you're a Marine! Can I ask you a couple of questions?" Tsuru nodded. "Well I've been thinking about joining the Marines, but I'm not sure how to, well join." Tsuru paused.

"Why don't you join my crew? You defiantly got potential."

"But Tsuru-san, don't I have to sign up or like take a test?"

"Well think of the thief that you just caught to be your test, and for signing up, you can fill out an application form at my ship."

"Thank you!" Sakura bowed.

=~+~=

"Now that all of the forms have been completed, I now welcome you to the Marines," Tsuru-san declared.

"Thank you, ma'am, it's an honor to be apart of the Marines." Sakura stayed on the ship and was briefed on the protocols and duties of being a Marine. She was also taught propper Marine etiquette, such as learning how to salute, how to march in a single file line, and much more. Sakura was a quick learner and learned to be a proper Marine in a little more than a week. After that, Sakura was given the title "Chore Boy", or in her case "Chore Girl." It only took Sakura a couple of days to get promoted to the rank of "Cheif Petty Officer," when she won a mock battle competition, which consisted of multiple matches where the winner would advance to the next round. Sakura made it all the way to the quarter-final rounds before she lost. She was also issued a traditional Marine uniform.

=~+~=

One night, Sakura decided to call the troublemakers to tell them about her choice to become a Marine. "Hello, who is this, what do you want," Dadan demanded.

"Why hello Dadan, angry as usual?"

"Oh, Sakura, those two will slowly drive me insane, but why are you calling?"