Tired

A few police officers showed up at the school. I had to show them my bruises, resulting in showing Tsukki and Coach Ukai my injuries too. I noticed how Coach looked away, with something like pity or guilt on his face while Tsukki stared at a cluster of bruises on my chest with tears in his eyes. 

I hated seeing them like that. I hated making my friends upset, and that's exactly what I was doing. One of the officers had to look through my hair in order to find the cuts caused by the glass, her fingers in my hair made me uncomfortable, but I tried my best to stay still. 

"Yamaguchi, we have information on your father. He was admitted to the hospital with a broken arm and a concussion, but he should be fine," One of the officers said. I sighed with relief, crouching over, and hiding my face in my hands. At least my dad was alright. That's all I wanted. 

"The team doesn't know about any of this, right?" I heard Coach ask. 

"No sir, they don't know that Tadashi is trans either, though by now I'm sure they know somethings wrong," Tsukki answered. 

I let my eyes close in my hands, trying to ignore the people around me, but my stomach was twisted in knots and my hands were shaking slightly. I didn't think I had any more tears to shed, but I was sure I could find a way to cry. 

"Tadashi, are you ok?" I heard Tsukki ask from right in front of me. I peeked at him through my fingers. 

"They found my dad," I whispered out, watching as his eyes widened a little and he scooted closer to me. 

"Is he ok? What happened?" Tsukki rushed out. 

"He's in the hospital with a broken arm and a concussion, but he should be fine," I said, remembering what the officer told me just minutes before. Tsukki nodded his head with relief. 

Both mine and Tsukki's phones vibrated at the same time, meaning the team was texting on the group chat. 

Orange: Did you guys see the police? 

Sugamama: Yams, are you ok? Why did you run off? 

Dadichi: Is Yamaguchi the reason the police are here? 

Jesus: Maybe they'll tell us when they're ready? 

I looked up to Tsukki, not really knowing if I should respond or not. 

"You don't have to tell them anything, but it's up to you," Tsukki said. 

"Maybe I should tell them why the police are here? They have a right to know about that part," I said. 

"Do you still not want to tell them about the trans part?" Tsukki asked and I nodded. I carefully typed my message with shaky fingers before taking a deep breath and sending it. 

Me: The police are here because of me. I'm having some family issues that needed to be taken care of. I'm sorry you guys 

Sugamama: Are you ok? 

Me: Yeah, I'm fine

Dadichi: You don't have to say, but what happened? 

Me: Some drama with my mom, nothing to worry about :)

Dadichi: Ok, just know you can tell us anything

I stared at that text for a lot longer than I should've. Of course, I knew I could tell them anything, but with everything going on right now, his words hit hard. 

"We all care about you Tadashi, we want to make sure you're ok," Tsukki said, resting a hand on my shoulder. 

"I know, thank you Tsukki," I said, smiling at my best friend. 

"They said you are good to go, but they don't want Yamaguchi anywhere near his mom until they know it's safe," Coach Ukai said. 

"He can stay with me," Tsukki offered immediately. 

"Make sure it's alright with your parents first," Coach said. 

"I told the team the police are here because of some family issues I'm having, but nothing else," I explain, coach just nodded. 

"You guys should leave now, I'll make sure the team doesn't look too far into this," Coach said and I stood up, Tsukki doing the same. 

"Will you still be doing practice?" I asked, Ukai nodding. I glanced over at Tsukki, feeling guilty that I would be forcing him to miss practice because of me. 

"Hey, I know what you're thinking, and stop it. I would rather make sure you're ok then have to listen to those idiots yell at each other," Tsukki smiled gently. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and we carefully walked to his house. 

The walk was long, only because I was exhausted physically, mentally, and emotionally. Tsukki made sure to go slow, his hold on me never loosening. He slowly opened the door to his house, catching the attention of his mother and brother. 

"Tadashi! Is everything alright?" Tsukishima-san asked as she rushed over to me. 

"Tadashi, go upstairs and lay down, I'll be there in a minute," Tsukki said gently. I nodded and made my way up the stairs. 

"His mother's been abusing him. I only just found out. The police got called and-" I heard before I shut his door and laid down on his bed. I closed my eyes and tried to forget everything. I just wanted to sleep for the next year. I wanted all of this to go away, and for everything to just be ok, but I knew that wouldn't exactly happen any time soon. 

I was worried the police wouldn't have enough proof to arrest my mom, that I would be forced to go back to her. She would be so pissed at me for telling everyone about her abuse. I probably wouldn't be able to walk for days after. I wondered how Tsukki would react, but decided I didn't want to know. 

I heard the door open, but didn't move from my place curled up on the bed. I felt the bed dip, and the blankets shift as Tsukki laid down next to me. His arm snaked around my waist and he pulled me closer to him, his chest warming my body and allowing me to drift to sleep faster. I smiled lightly as I felt him lay his chin on the top of my head before I fell asleep.