Chapter Twenty: Do You Want to Bet on That?

A light knock sounded upon Elena's door, and she jumped out of bed hurriedly. She opened the door, excited to see Damon after two-and-a-half days . It had been so long since the had been apart for longer than a few hours, and she was missing him crazily.

" Damon!" Elena cried, jumping into his warm arms. He held her tight and she buried her face in her shoulder.

He pulled only his head away and kissed her soundly.

" I've missed you so much," Elena said quietly.

" I love you," Damon whispered.

" I love you too," Elena muttered.

A few hours later, they were ready to go. They had all the information they needed to get to Trevor - the other half-human-half-vampire - and Elena was getting excited. She could feel nervous butterflies flying around in her belly.

The weather in Alabama was at toasting point, but since vampires were not affected by heat, they dressed in winter clothing. Elena wore a warm, brown jacket, thick jeans, and brown leather boots. Damon wore a duffel coat and boots as well.

The journey didn't take too long. It was a half hour away, so they compelled there selves a convertible and drove there. Elena went way over the speed limit, and when they got pulled over, she was forced to compel the police officer.

The town that they drove too apparently was nameless. It was occupied by just under five-hundred people, most of them being human.

Damon and Elena walked through the streets slowly until they spotted someone they didn't like the look of. He was tan, about 6.2, and had strong facial features.

And he was a vampire.

Elena and Damon shared a wary glance and Elena took off her jacket. She unbuttoned the top two buttons on her blouse and sauntered over to the other vampire.

" Well, hi," she purred.

Without missing a beat, the man responded: " I know you're a vampire."

Elena's smile faltered. " What?"

" I know who you are," he said.

" How?" she growled. " How do you know who I am?"

The man chuckled. " You think you can give birth to a baby without anyone finding out?"

Elena frowned. " Who told you all?"

" Well, Katherine, of course," the man flashed her a smile.

She sighed. " Okay. Well, I should've known. We don't mean any harm - we just want information on our baby."

The man laughed out loud. " You'll never get it out of me."

Damon was suddenly behind the vampire, and in one fluid movement, he snapped his neck. Damon grinned. " Do you want to bet on that?"