Chapter Twenty Two: Torture

The mans black eyes open, and he coughs and splutters for air, struggling against his bindings.

Elena watches, a painstaking expression on her face, as Damon paces in front of the other vampire.

" Are you going to tell us?" her boyfriend asked menacingly.

" Y-yes!" the man spluttered.

Elena gasped inwardly. They had been at this for days. She thought he would never give them the information they needed. And now he was?

Damon was shocked too, but he didn't let his expression get the better of him. He walked over and took a seat next to Elena.

" Go on then, we haven't got all day," he said.

The man took a deep breath before beginning.

________________________________

" Jenna, calm down. It's all going to be fine," Alaric said quietly.

Jenna nodded. It was going to be alright. She plunked herself down on the edge of the bathtub lightly, carful not to wake Annabelle.

" Yeah, I'm just-" Jenna began, but her breath hitched as Alaric's hand found hers.

" I know you are," he said. " So am I."

Jenna squeezed her eyes shut so hard then, that when she opened them, bright lights danced in front of her. She had the overwhelming urge to puke.

" How long now?" Jenna asked.

" Give it another ten seconds," Alaric suggested.

Jenna nodded briefly.

" Ten," Alaric began, and Jenna's stomach twisted. What was she going to do? What if she was-

" Nine."

Oh, God.

" Eight."

Okay, so she had to calm down. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad.

" Seven."

Take a deep breath, Jenna.

" Six."

Oh, no.

" Five, four."

Jenna began holding her breath.

" Three."

Who was she kidding? She was terrified.

" Two."

No, no, no.

" One."

Jenna exhaled the breath she was holding and stood, slowly reaching her hand out for the test. Alaric stopped her with his own hand.

" Whatever happens, I love you," he said.

She nodded quickly before picking up the test. She flipped it over, her heart sinking.

One line. Not positive.

Alaric let out a loud puff of air before wrapping his arms around his girlfriend. Jenna's face took on a blank persona. Her eyes became dull.

She realised then how much she wanted this, and that there was no reason to be scared.

Next time, she wouldn't be scared.

________________________________