Chapter Twenty Eight: A Night In

" What the hell are you watching?" Damon laughed as he walked through the door.

Elena was sprawled out on the couch in her pyjamas, covered in a sheet, and stuffing food into her mouth. The TV blasted and the scene of a man cutting open a. . . things stomach was playing.

" The Walking Dead," she replied, never taking her eyes off the screen. " Problem?"

" Looks pretty gross."

" Says the retired serial killer."

Damon laughed slightly. The sounds of his daughters cries filled the air and Elena looked up at him with pleading eyes as she paused her television show.

" Please," she pleaded.

Damon rolled his eyes. " Fine."

Elena grinned and switched the television back on, watching the man gut what Damon now understood to be a zombie. He laughed quietly to himself and turned round, walking up the stairs lightly.

Damon found the baby girl in her crib, face reddened as she sobbed and hammered her tiny fists on the floor.

" Oh, dear," he said, picking her up gently. She continued to fuss as he began to bounce her. " What are we going to do with you, then?"

She sobbed for a while until all she could do was choke. He smiled and placed her on her changing table, changing her diaper in seconds. He had gotten quite good at it by then.

Annabelle stopped crying after that, just letting the occasional tear fall from her eye. Damon took a seat in the rocking chair in the corner of the room, bouncing his daughter gently.

" You know," he whispered to her, " I don't ever want you to grow up, Anna. I want you to stay a little girl forever so I don't have to kill every boy who looks at you."

He laughed to himself.

" And trust me, there's gonna be lots of then."

Damon kissed his daughters head lightly.

" I'm so glad I have you. If I didn't, I don't know what I'd be doing right now. I love you more than anything, Annabelle."

Elena found them later on that evening, passed out in the rocking chair. She smiled, walking over and tapping Damon on the shoulder.

" Wake up," she whispered.

Damon's eyes opened groggily and took in Elena. My smiled wearily and handed baby Annabelle to her mother, who placed the little girl into her crib. Elena helped Damon up.

" Come on, let's go to bed," she smiled.

Damon smiled back and let her drag him to bed, where they laid back and hugged until they drifted off to sleep.

_________________________________

" Elena, please don't make me wear it," Damon groaned as Elena handed an item of clothing over.

" Why?" Elena smirked.

" Because I'm already a Big Bad Vampire. I don't need a Halloween costume - especially a ridiculous one like this." Damon smirked.

Elena frowned. " Pleeeaaasssseee."

He sighed. " Fine."

Fifteen minutes later, Damon emerged from the toilet dressed like a pumpkin. His suit was round and puffy and it made him look fat. Elena burst out laughing when she saw him.

Damon scowled. " Shut up."

Elena just laughed harder.

" Why do I have to wear this again?" he asked.

" Because it's Halloween and I want us all to be dressed up for Jeremy and Bonnie's party!"

" Right." Damon rolled his eyes. " And what are you wearing?"

" This," Elena said as she slipped herself into a short, tight black dress.

" And how is that a costume?"

Elena slid on a pair of cat ears. " I'm a black cat!"

" I mean, it's not really a costume, but you look hot, so I'll allow it," Damon smirked.

Elena laughed and stepped forward to kiss him.

__________________________________

Jeremy and Bonnie had just finished putting the finishing touches to their decorations when the doorbell rang.

" I'll get it," Bonnie grinned as she left the room.

The Bennett Witch swung the door open and pulled Caroline - who was clad with a zombie outfit - into a tight hug.

" I haven't seen you in months," Bonnie squealed.

" I know!" Caroline exclaimed. " I've missed you so much!"

Bonnie pulled away and looked Klaus up and down, who was carrying a baby carrier with a small baby in it.

" Caroline, did you guys adopt a baby I don't know about?" Bonnie asked.

Caroline laughed. " Of course not. This is Hope. She's not exactly mine."

Bonnie glared at the couple.

" Oh, wipe that scowl off your face, Bonnie," Klaus joked, but Bonnie just glared more.

She still didn't like Klaus, even if he was a 'better person' now.

After a five-month-pregnant Jenna and Alaric showed up and commented on how cliche Bonnie's witch outfit was, Elena and Damon arrived. Elena hugged everybody, even Klaus, who she had grown to tolerate, and Damon tipped his head to everyone.

" Where's Stefan?" Elena asked.

" He's not coming," Jeremy said.

Elena frowned. Stefan had been kind of MIA lately, and she had a feeling it was either because of Caroline, or because of whatever other chic he was banging.

" Oh, okay." she said slowly.

As the night dragged on, Elena chatted to everyone, and Damon spent most of his time with Annabelle and Jeremy. Annabelle was now dressed in a vampire costume which somewhat disturbed Damon.

" How's your pregnancy, Aunt Jenna?" Elena asked.

" It's fine." Jenna said, absentmindedly stroking her stomach. " Seems little Gilbert likes to sit on my bladder a little too much."

Elena laughed. " Yeah, Anna did that, too."

Jenna laughed in reply.

At around midnight, when Annabelle started to fuss constantly, Damon and Elena decided to leave. They said goodbye to everyone and Caroline promised to call Elena everyday. The couple drove home silently, but the whole way, Damon's hand was locked with Elena's.

When the got home, after tucking Anna into bed, the went straight to there own bed. Things escalated until they were kissing.

" Do you mind if-" Elena began, but Damon interrupted.

" -we leave the sex tonight. No problem."

" Thank God," Elena chuckled, laying her head on Damon's chest.

Damon laughed throatily and started to play with Elena's hair.

Not long after that, they were both asleep.

________________________________

Hey guys!

I gave you an extra long chapter because the last one was so short! I know these chapters are a little boring but the real drama is gonna happen near the end of the book so I have to add in some fillers!

I hope you've all enjoyed this chapter!