Chapter 18: Safe Haven

Start from the beginning

You felt a hand make its way around your waist and another hand grab your wrist. "What are you doing? Y/n?" He whispered in your ear, your breath hitched. You slowly pushed him away, "Something just caught my eye, theres like some picture thingy inside you bag, I wanted to see what it was soo..." You replied.

"Oh, right... Sorry for touching you like that." He apologizes. "No, umm.. It's fine. Anyways what's the photo?" You asked, "It's a photo of my family, I bring it around everywhere as a lucky charm." He says with a small smile.

You were about to reply but Nezuko stopped you. "Guys, Zenitsu said we should go down for dinner." She says, "Right... Thanks Nezuko." You replied, you got out of the room and headed downstairs along with Nezuko, Tanjirou watches both of you go.

Tanjirou glanced at the picture you were talking about inside his bag. He walked up to it and hid it better in his bag, it wasn't a picture of his family but a picture of you,but you didn't need to know that.

Whether it was a proper picture or a picture he got from stalking you... Is all up to your imagination.

-Time Skip-
Your eyes slowly open, You looked around to see that it was still at midnight. You slowly sat up, "Ugh... I guess I better go grab some water, my throat feels so dry..." You mumbled and quietly got out of bed, trying not to wake up Nezuko. 

You quietly went downstairs and headed to the kitchen, the kitchen was connected to the living room, you looked around to see Zenitsu standing there and looking outside the sliding screen door that was connected to their yard, he was staring at the beautiful full moon. 

He seemed to be lost in thought so you slowly walked up to him, "THE FITNESSGRAM PACER TEST-" You spoke out loudly to scare him, you were cut of by him jumping in surprise and screaming. "AAAHH!! WHAT THE FUCK!!" He screamed. 

Because he jumped in surprise and you were so close to him, he accidentally got a hold of you and both of you lost balance. Both of you fell to the ground, "Who the fu-" Zenitsu was cut off by the sight of you below him. 

He was the top, and you were the bottom. Shocker. 

"Y-Y-Y-Y-/n!?!" He stuttered and blushed, "Ugh.. Ow.. my head..." You mumbled, "I didn't think you'd drag me down with you." You added and looked at him, he was staring at your eyes. 'Her eyes are so mesmerizing...' he thought.

"Are you gonna get off me or...?" You spoke out. "O-Oh right sorry..." He replied and got off of you. He held out his hand to help you up, you grabbed it. "Thanks." you told him. "What are you doing here? Why are you up?" You spoke out, "Uhh.. I just couldn't sleep..." He replied. Both of you sat down on the ground, you were next to each other. 

"Should I sing you something?" You chuckled, He hummed in response, you were a little surprised, that wasn't the reaction. Meanwhile, Zenitsu couldn't hear a thing you were saying since he was too distracted by your scent. 'Fuck... her scent is really intoxicating....' He thought. 

"We're no strangers to love, You know the rules and so do I..." You started singing, and stared at the moon, Zenitsu was a little taken aback as to why your singing 'Never gonna give you Up' but didn't question it. He only listened, as he felt comfort from it...

" A full commitment's what I'm thinking of, You wouldn't get this from any other guy..." You continued, he looked at you, why is it that everytime he's overthinking, or sad, you're always there... there to comfort him... it has him feeling some type of way. 

'I'm so confused... Is it simping or is it... Love...? No Zenitsu calm down! You're just not thinking straight!' He thought.

"I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling, Gotta make you understand..." You sang, "Never gonna give you up, Never gonna let you down, Never gonna run around and desert you, Never gonna make you cry, Never gonna say goodbye, Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you..!" You sang with passion. 

"We've known each other for so long, Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it, Inside we both know what's been going on, We know the game and we're gonna play it!" You turned to Zenitsu, He was a little taken aback and only looked away.  

Thoughts started running around his mind, What were those things you were singing mean...? Too shy to say it...? We both know what's been going on...? Has he... been denying his feeling for you this whole time...?

Zenitsu couldn't hear what you were singing anymore, he was too lost in his own thoughts. Was what he felt for you, really love...? You... were always there to comfort him, you were always there. 

He feels so safe, comforted and relaxed around you , even if he gets flustered here and there. Was it really love? He looked back at you again, his heart started racing, he could feel his cheeks heat up. 

This was it... This was his confirmation... He accepts the feelings he has for you, you were his safe haven, his paradise, his comfort zone... You were the first and the only one to comfort him, listen to him... 

And he wasn't going to hand you over to anyone else, I mean... What would he do without you?? He would be so heartbroken... Lost... He'd do anything... Anything to keep you by his side. Even if he has to do it by Force.

Your song made him realise... that he needs you... that he wants you... badly