Chapter 28 | time

Start from the beginning

He didn't have it in him to complain however.

He willingly took it back and stuck it into the pocket of his tux, he had thought she would have left then. But she spoke, and for once her vibrant voice was directed at him. "Would you like to walk?" she had asked him. And he had decided then that he liked her.

She didn't thank him, she didn't bring it up and he didn't ask. And so they had walked, along the rose gardens of a strangers home. She was unnervingly quiet, and Will hated silence with a passion. He started to ramble, about the party, the food, and even the house. Desperate to make any type of conversation. And she stared at him her eyes wide, and then she had burst out laughing.

He froze, then scratching the back of his head mouthed "Sorry" at her. Her golden eyes now bright she winked at him. "It's quite alright" she had said then, and that wink was enough for young Will to worship her. But he reined in on himself, and controlled himself.

They were back to silence, and all his life Will Wilson had despised silence. But with her, he found peace in the silence. They walked along the beaten down path, her white dress brushing his legs at times. And he wanted more than ever to know her, to see it they were the same. As he had initially though.

He knew his crush had never faded at that moment. Will had never been the type to be silent, be blurted out his thoughts and he was no different with his feelings. He didn't keep them bottled inside, he went for it. Always. Because what was a life full of regrets? A life where you never know if they felt the same or not?

"I think I like you" he had blurted out and Ana had turned to him, a surprised look on her golden face. She raised a brow, and frowned. The expression unnerving on her bright and joyous face. Kicking a rock in front of her, she had said "I know everyone likes me, it's 'cuz I'm pretty."

She was, she was stunning, like a model. Her beauty wasn't the dim type, it was visible from the moment you looked at her. It was bright and alluring, she was gorgeous. It was a golden type of beauty too, from her tan golden skin, to her golden eyes and the jet black hair that cascades down her back. She was one of the prettiest people Will had ever seen. But that most definitely wasn't why he liked her.

He shook his head, his own hair dark and wavy on his head. "No, it's—I don't know. You have this look in your eyes that makes me like you—like your vibe." She laughed startled, as she looked at Will. He noticed now when she glanced at him, her expression had changed.

"You like my vibe?" she asked another surprised giggle coming out of her mouth. Will quickly nodded, and looked around. They were still in a rose garden, and he had never considered himself a romantic. But there was just something about her, about Ana, that made him want to pull down the moon and hand it to her.

A rose would do too.

Sidestepping her, he plucked a rose out carelessly. The thorns pierced his skin, droplets out of blood dripping from the cut. He wiped it on his shirt in a haste, and forgot about it. His mind too enchanted by the stunning girl behind him. He turned around and handed her the rose.

She slowly smiled.

That was the exact moment Will Wilson had known he was utterly screwed, so so screwed. From that day on, they had been almost inseparable. And somewhere along the road, when he was sixteen, months later, he had finally asked her to be his girlfriend.

And she had agreed. He had kissed her than, and she had blossomed like a flower under his touch.

With her, Will had felt the happiest he had ever felt in his whole life. They were regarded as the it couple, and everyone wanted to be them. Which Will found stupid but they went to parties, dances, dinners, they did everything together. And everyone loved him. Will had never given a damn about that, he had Ana and that had been all that mattered to him.