Chapter 26 | liar

❝I didn't even want any of this.❞

Chapter 26 | liar

Her eyebrows arched, and vivid shock was expressed in her dainty features. Then she burst out—laughing. She laughed and laughed, all her previous sadness and coldness gone. She even clutched at her stomach as she laughed, an expression of foolishness on her face.

Could she perhaps not have heard Will? Or had she heard him wrong? This simply wasn't the right or expected type of reaction, "Luce wrote those letters" he said again, and she just kept laughing. Only mirth displayed in her dainty smile.

"Luce?" she asked, and once again just laughed at his name. Pulling herself together she said "Are we talking about the same Luce Will? The one I know is ridiculously tall, has black hair and those brown eyes? Because that's the one I know, and he would never right those words."

And then she burst out laughing again.

Will stared at her a bit curiously, he swallowed. Maybe he could just get out of this, tell Aera that is was nothing more than a joke. She was laughing, a bit like a manic, but she was laughing. Maybe she would believe he'd been joking. Maybe he could keep her.

Behind Aera, Ana cleared her throat and he looked straight up at her. Her golden eyes pierced straight into his, and he froze. Why did she always look at him the same? As if he was the most righteous person in the world. As if he could do no wrong.

He frowned bitterly, reminding himself that it was her who'd left him. He couldn't look away though, Ana's eyes still pierced into him. And he swallowed his next words, she was right. He was a good person, and he would do the right thing. He would cling to the right thing. Nodding at her, he forced himself to look away when a sweet smile overcame her pretty face.

"I-I uh I didn't write those letters" Aera was still laughing next to him, her body sagging against his as she laughed. Will resisted the urge to reach over and encircle his arms around her. Ana walked over to him, and placed her delicate hands onto his shoulder.

Her acrylic nails digging into his shoulder blades, he resisted the urge to push her away. They were friends after all, they were friends. They'd agreed to be friends. "Go on Will" she urged from behind him, and Will sighed.

"I-It was Luce, but I mad-made him pretend it was me. I uh" he scratched his neck carelessly, a flush spreading across his tan skin. Ana's fingers rested on his shoulder still, a more comforting presence to them now. "I lied" he finally said.

That wasn't what Aera took into account though, her laughter had finally ceased and she was staring at Will. A almost murderous expression on his face, he leaned a bit back onto Ana's hand. Trying not to cower at the girl in front of him, she was actually quite scary with that look on her face.

"What do you mean you made him?" Aera drawled out, a clear and precise coldness to her tone. Will didn't know how to reply. How could he say he basically blackmailed Will? There wasn't a good way to say it. He could maybe say that he kindly asked o-

"He blackmailed him of course" Ana said from behind, and Will turned around to glare at her. She winked at him. He sighed. Aera just blinked at them, her eyes burning. "You blackmailed Luce?" she questioned, disbelief evident in her tone.

Will swallowed.

And then he nodded.

Aera stood up, fast and quickly and glared at him. Will reeled a little back in shock, Aera's emotions changed just so quickly. Right now she looked absolutely, furious. "How the fuck can you blackmail Luce? He can't tell right from wrong, he's as innocent as a little child" she reached forward, and yanked Will up by his collar so she was directly facing him. She was on the tips of her toes, which gave her a bit of a height.

But she still was a few inches shorter than him, it didn't matter however. The look in her eyes spoke for her. "Don't you ever threaten Luce again" she said, and Will sighed. He pushed her back of him, she almost slipped and tripped but Ana reached for her and she gained her composure again.

"He can't just write you letters, you were supposed to be my girlfriend" he gritted out, and both the girls frowned at them. They contrasted each other heavily, like darkness and brightness. But the both had the same expression on their face.

Will sagged, what was the point anymore? "I'm sorry" he said instead, taking back his previous words. Ana's expression softened, but Aera still had the same peculiar meanness to her pretty face. She chuckled once, a low and throat sound.

"Your sorry?" she asked and Will hesitantly nodded. She walked over and eyed him, not a expression of any type of sympathy in her face. She reached over, and slapped him. A loud ringing sound. Will sighed, he deserved that.

"You've lying to me since the day we started this relationship. What the fuck Will? I gave you my first kiss, and I thought you'd be my first love. I thought I could love you" Now she was shaking, her fragile body almost falling over itself as she clung to herself.

"I'm sorry" Will said again, that seemed to be all he knew how to say at the time. Aera's expression didn't change, nor did she waver. She was still shaking a bit, but the steely determination in her eyes was undermined.

"You can't just do that Will" she finally said, and Will wanted to reach for her. Apologize again. But at times, an apologize couldn't fix it. He'd broken her trust, and he saw in her eyes she didn't want him to try to gain it again.

"I'm sorry, it was just Luce. I-I didn't think I could compete" he said and expected Aera to keep glaring at him. But this time she laughed, a bitter and harsh sound. Today was a day of surprises.

"Luce doesn't like me, don't assume things" she said, and Will stared at her skeptically. Don't assume things? There was nothing to assume, he loved her. It was as clear as the moon in the sky, and the sun. It was evident, Luce loved her. Why was she assuming he didn't?

"But-" she cut him off.

"Don't just don't. Luce has never liked me, and I doubt he ever will. He just has a way with words I guess, and playing me" She instead bitterly said, not letting him speak for his behalf. What the fuck?

He sighed, he'd caused enough damage and had interfered with a relationship that wasn't his for too long. It was time to move on, Luce and Aera could figure out their own problems. At least this time he could sleep at night, without thinking it was his fault.

"Alright" he finally said, and Aera visibly relaxed. Her eyes were still cold as they regarded Will however, she pointed at the both of them. A steely determination in her eyes, Will braced himself for her next eyes.

"You and I are done. I don't date liars."

~~~~
lol, in my opinion will had it coming 🙈