Chapter 14 | the truth

❝I used to think you were beautiful because their was wonder in your eyes, a spark in your soul.❞

Chapter 14 | the truth

my starlight,
every time the wind blows i feel as if it is tearing us apart. but i could never give up on you now could i? you must be confused to what i am even speaking about.

however, i'm a straightforward guy, so i'll put it simply for you my love. i feel as if you have changed, and as much as i hate to say it. it's not a necessarily a good change.

aera these days i don't see the fiery girl that i fell in love with so long ago.  these days i look at you and i see someone more meek, more weak. why don't you stand up for yourself? all you do is sit there, you smile, you nod and you go along with everything.

i know there's a burning spirit in you, it used to consume every part of me so long ago. now? now i don't even know. but i know aera, i know that it's still there. why don't you just let it out?

why do you insist in blending in? why? when with just a flicker of your smile, you could light up the whole room? there's something in your smile, but only when it's pure.

i only wish you would smile like that. but you don't, you haven't in such a long time. i know change is inevitable but i still hurts me every time when i see how much you have changed.

i barely see a fire behind your starlight eyes these days. why must you change starlight? why must you change so much? aera i hope i don't come off as rude, i really do.

but i used to think you were beautiful because their was a wonder in your eyes, a spark in your soul. a sweet tenderness in your smile, and you had a soft gaze so soft and curious.

but the truth my love is that i just don't see that in you anymore, i'm not saying i don't love you. because i do, i always will. always and forever but you've just changed so much.

but i don't know anymore my love, i really don't know. i'm not even making sense anymore, i apologize. i think what i'm trying to say, is i simply just want you to be yourself again.

i'm going to stop now, i sound morbid. i'm sorry, have a wondrous day my love.

Aera crumbled the letter into her hand and threw it into the trashcan. Then a scowl crossed her face, and walking up she grabbed it out with the tips of her fingers.

She reread it. And once again had the urge to dump it in the trash can. Who did this man think he was? She was furious a kind of rage that she barely ever felt. If Luce could see her right now, he would call her fiery.

Grabbing the letter, she ripped through it clean. It fell from her hands, slowly and unsteadily fluttering to the ground. Burying her face in her hands, she groaned.

Who did they even think they were? How did they have the right to say that there was wonder in her eyes now. No spark in her soul, no tenderness in her smile, and that she did not have a curious gaze.

In all technically weren't they just saying that they didn't think Aera was beautiful anymore? That she was no longer bright, and had a beautiful smile? Weren't they just saying she that she disappointed them now?

Aera sighed her anger crumbling, she looked at the letter on the ground. And just simply felt sadnesss, pure grief. Reading those letters, she'd felt that there was a person in the world, a person that would never disappoint her. A person that would never leave her side.

Someone that would always be by her side, but it seemed that person just loved an Aera that no longer existed. An Aera for all her fire, had been extinguished so long ago. That Aera was long gone.

That Aera had left many years ago, on a night she didn't particularly want to recall. The Aera that burned and lit up a room? She had died with her dad. She had died the day her dad had died. That Aera was just as gone as her dad.

And this Aera didn't have it in her to be that Aera once again. It seemed the author of those letters loved someone that was long gone, dead even. Standing up she reached down and grabbed the letter, piecing the letter together again. She read it once more.

It still made her angry. Aera had a temper, everyone knew that, her mother knew that, Luce knew that, her father had known that. Everyone that was close to her knew that.

She didn't think, she just did. Like the letter said she was a fire that would burn everything in her way, and that necessarily wasn't always a bad thing. Sometimes the things she burned would light up with her, she would light up everything around her.

Other times she would destroy, burn everything and just leave it burned. Today she was much more the latter, than the first. She grabbed a pen, and a piece of paper. And decided to write something back.

From the expression on her face, anyone could see that what she was writing wasn't going to be nice. But hell, she didn't have it in her to be nice in this moment. All this letter had done was bring up a unwanted memory, a memory that she didn't like to think of.

Hands shaky, she pocketed the letter. She would give it to them, and they could just honestly screw off. She was done with letter dude, and his letters.

The she spied the other letters on her desk, all the sweet ones he'd written. All those words that had made Aera smile. All those words who would be gone, with just a few of her own words.

She took the letter out of her pocket and stared at it. Then she headed over to the trashcan, and ripped it into a million shreds. There was still anger burning in her, but she didn't have it in her to send that letter. Her fingers shook, her dad would have never wanted for her to do that.

If it was Will she was just about done with him too, but now there was a sinking feeling in her that felt like it wasn't Will. She had know him her whole life, but she was still unsure if it was actually him. She didn't know who it was anymore. But whoever it was, they could just screw off.

She sighed, but then again if she thought rationally all they had been trying to do was tell her what they felt. Squeezing her eyes shut, she called Luce.

"Can you come over? I need someone to talk to?" she mumbled softly, Luce's voice sounded shaky on the other side of the line. "Of course Aera." he mumbled softly. He hung up not a second later, and Aera stared at her phone.

Was he alright?

~~~
ahhh thank you for 500 reads!!! i love all you, with everything in me! i love you <3 have a wonderful day!