20

Valeria

The next morning we woke up pretty early because we had to catch our flight to New York. Vinnie was sad as we sat in the airport but I kept reassuring him that we'd be back, I just didn't know when.

"Vinnie we're coming back... Soon I promise!" I tell him, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Why do you have to leave?" He mumbles.

"Because I live in New York and I don't feel like paying for an Airbnb anymore." I laugh out. "But you could've stayed with me in the house! It's multiple rooms for you and Willow." "That's sweet of you to offer but I still haven't talked to any of the guys you live with in months. It would be awkward for me to just come and stay there too." I tell him. I would've thought about it but I still haven't spoken to them since I've been here. It's not that I didn't want to, okay well it is that I don't want to, but that's not the point.

However for the remainder of time that we spent in the airport, we sat in silence, mainly because Willow was sleeping and it was still really early. As we sat there though, I couldn't stop thinking about the time we spent together the past 24 hours, and even the past few weeks. I missed me and Vinnie's relationship. I liked being able to be close to him and hold him at times, I liked being with him... I loved out late night adventures... I loved it all.

But I just didn't know what was going to happen when I left back to New York.

I mean, at the end of the day we are both single and he can do whatever he wants. Would I be hurt? Yeah. But will he know that? No. I'm not gonna let my conflicted feelings ruin his life and mess up him being able to have fun and be with random girls...

Okay that came out wrong but y'all understand what I mean...

I'm too tired to even think about this right now.

"Flight B197 to John F Kennedy airport is boarding now!" We hear as the lady on the loud speaker talks.

"Welp! That's my calling." Willow says jumping up from her spot. Me and Vinnie stand up as I grab my suit case pulling it close to me. "Bye Vinnie. It was so nice meeting you. I can't wait to come back so we can spend more time altogether." Willow says, as she pulls Vinnie in for a hug. "It was nice meeting you too. Come back soon please." He replies hugging her back.

When they pull apart, Vinnie looks at me with sad eyes and automatically my heart breaks. I really didn't want to go home but I missed my family, and had work to do. Fuck. Why did thing have to be so complicated? Vinnie pulls me in for a hug, fully engulfing me into his body. I couldn't hold back my emotions anymore so I started to cry into his chest quietly.

"I'm going to miss you. I hope you come back soon, and I want you to stop crying. Don't cry for me." He says pulling away and wiping my cheeks. "I'm not crying my eyes are sweating." I whine, making him laugh. Vinnie smiles before he pulls me in, causing my heart to speed up because is he really about to kiss me right now? However he doesn't kiss me directly, he kisses the corner of my mouth which somehow manages to make me blush.

"Okay come on now love birds, it's sadly time to go."Willow says making me flip her off. "Ouch." She replies laughing.

"Bye baby. Text me when you land and call me when you get home please." Vinnie says one last time before me and Willow walk away.

When we finally get on the plane and go to our seats I become a ball of emotions. I wasn't crying my but I was still sad and somewhat happy. I mean it was a productive trip. I rekindled friendships and relationships I thought I lost, had a great time with close friends... but I was going to miss them like all hell.