7

valeria

Waking up the next morning, I had all intent to text Vinnie and basically tell him how I felt about him. But after I wrote out the whole paragraph, I became a little bitch and couldn't even press the send button. So I went into Dixie's room to get her to convince me and her first reaction was to jump for my phone and do it herself. But obviously I was too quick and on impulse, I deleted the entire thing.

"You've got to be shitting me Valeria!! That was your only chance!!" Dixie yells.

"No! I can always type it up again!" I yell back.

"Yeah right! And then you'll delete it all over again because you're too scared! The worst thing that could happen is he turns you down. So what? We get up and move on because we don't let little things like boys not liking us effect us."

"But you have Noah. And he liked you since you were in a relationship with Griffin. He was persistent with you and guess what, he got you. Vinnie never showed me that he liked me." I whine out. "Are you kidding me right now?! He likes almost all of my comments when I say how much I ship you two together. Maybe he feels someway about you, and he just hasn't told you. Mhmm he sounds awfully like someone I know." Dixie states, sarcastically.

"Him liking a comment doesn't mean he likes me. And he likes the same flirty ones about Emily all the time." I shrug. Dixie groans before hitting me on the head. "Ow! What was that for?" I say, rubbing my head.

"For being stupid! You always compare yourself to  Emily. When are you gonna realize you're Valeria and you're not meant to be like someone else?" She questions me. I never really took it as me comparing myself to her, I just notice little things more than the average person. "I don't do that." I mumble. "Oh but you do. And you do it all the time." The room goes quiet for a few seconds before Dixie randomly ask, " What are some things that you like about yourself. It can psychical, or a characteristic, but what is it about yourself that you just wake up in the morning and you're like 'damn. What a time to be alive.'"

Would you believe me if I told you I can't even answer her question?

"I don't know."

"You've got to be shitting me. Already 5 things came to mind when I thought about you. Alright so do me, what are things that you like about me?" Dixie states. "That's easy, I like your smile and your freckles. How independent you are and how great of a friend you are to me. How family oriented you are with your friends and family and how much you care for us... That's not all but those are just some things I can think of." I say almost automatically.

"Do you not see how bad that is Valeria? You can easily think good things about someone else but you don't dare to think something good about yourself?" And Dixie was right. I don't see myself the way others see me. When people comment nice things to me I reply because I feel like it's the right thing to do, even when I don't agree with them. I don't know, I just didn't understand what there was about me that people could find attractive or likeable. "For starters I love your smile. It's big and bright, and let's not even mention how perfect your teeth are." Dixie starts off.

"I had braces." I mumble.

"You see? I complimented you and you shut it down so quickly." I mentally face palmed myself after realizing how negative I can be towards myself. "I don't know Dixie! I wasn't like this before Mason.. I was so confident, at least to an extent. He just made me feel like shit about myself so I'd constantly feel the need be like someone else. Fit the description of his dream girl." I finally say.

From the start to the end of the relationship, Mason made it his mission to change me into this picture perfect girl. He wanted me to dress a certain way, talk a certain way, be a certain way and I just lost myself in the mix of it all. I lost all my innocence with him. And when it was all over, I wasn't the same girl anymore. I was Valeria, but the lost version. The one who knew nothing anymore, and the one who had to pick up all the broken pieces and try to fix something that can't be fixed. "Valeria why are you crying? Don't cry please I'm gonna get sad now." Dixie practically whispers, causing me to snap out of it.

I didn't even realize I was getting emotional. "Ew why am I crying? I didn't even fucking notice." (a/n: okay doja cat lmaoo)

"It's okay to be emotional dummy. You're still hurting, and it's okay. Your past was toxic, and you can't let that define you. How about instead of talking about this, we continue to watch the vampire diaries. Maybe that'll get your mind off it all?" Dixie states. I smile and nod my head, as we head to her room.

***

Twitter
valeriamont @chriswoods IS A BEAUTIFUL MAN BUT WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PLAY SUCH A SHIT CHARACTER? i just can't hate cobrakai1972 :(

312 comments    175 retweets     781 likes

user omg YESS

user delena? or stelena?

user kai and klaus are so perfect

dixiedamelio idk wtf is going on y'all...
>valeriamont that's because ur watching from the ending of season 6 :) & ur next to me soo why am i tweeting @ u?

user i love you valeriaaa❤️

user boring show :)
____________________________________

dixiedamelio I agreed to watch tvd with Valeria because we had a little talk and she got sad :( but idk what's going on😉🥱

990 comments 4,550 retweets 60.3k likes

user awww why was val saddd:((

valeriamont they weren't supposed to know ithat was sad ugly :)

user sad val = boy drama
>valeriamont not you reading me like a book🤭

user we really don't care about val:) what about u and noah

vinniehacker why's she sad :(
>dixiedamelio texttt 🙄

user ^^ how she gonna tell Vinnie and not us

user ^ we don't need to know everything stupid

charlidamelio Dixie refused to watch the show with me because she was busy sending toe pics 🥱

noahbeck u don't even like watching movies w/ me
>dixiedamelio yes I do liar, and it's a show we're watching
>noahbeck okay :) see you soon bbyy💖 *comment liked by dixiedamelio*
>brycehall such a simp

user can we talk about how cute dixie and noah are?

avani can we have a girls day? i wanna watch movies with my favs🥺💖

****

hello:)

hope y'all enjoyed this chapter?! And I hope you're enjoying the story so far 💖

next chapter in probably 2 days or 3 depending on how far i get... lol🙄

much love,

vote share and comment?!

mwahh💖🧡