12

Vinnie

*2 days later*

I completely fucked up and now Valeria hates me. Yeah call me stupid all you want, I already know but I didn't intend for that to happen! I got ready and everything, and I was heading out the door but then when I got to the door, Emily was standing right there...

*flashback*

"Alright guys I'm leaving!" I yell to Ben and Jordan. "See you later." Ben yells back.

When I reach the door I pull open the knob and I'm completely stunned. Emily was just standing there, completely unannounced. "Uh, hey? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I wanted to spend time with you! I didn't hear from you all day and I was kind of worried about you so I decided to come over here... and you don't look too happy to see me so I'm gonna go." She states, turning away from me. My initial reaction was to let her leave and go see Valeria... but then the guilt would've eaten me alive if I was with Valeria so I stopped her from leaving.

"Uh, no I was going to get food for me and the guys.. you can come with me and we could just chill when we get back..." I tell her. A smile replaces the frown on her face and I already feel the wait come off my shoulders.

Val won't be that mad right???

It's just me completely ditching her on our first date. Fucking hell, of all days why did Emily decide to come on this day? The one where I'm supposed to be going on a date with Valeria.

*end of flashback *

I obviously underestimated how mad she would've been.

For starters she posted about me standing her up on her finsta, and then Tiktokroom reposted it. Then Dixie texted me a paragraph going off on me telling me how I'm the biggest piece of shit for doing that to Valeria and it only made me feel worse. I didn't intentionally stand her up, but I did what needed to be done to save my own ass.

So you're telling me you don't see how that's fucked up vinnie?! I thought we were better than this...

Hey! I never said I wasn't impulsive and stupid. I do stupid shit, and when people get hurt I never realize how bad it could be. But despite that, I just didn't think this could've gotten any worse.

but it did and now I'm stuck trying to fix everything...
***

Valeria

For two days I was expecting a call.

For two days I was expecting a text.

A random pop up at Dixie's house, something. But I got the total opposite. I got ignored. He couldn't even apologize for standing me up on a date that he agreed to?! You would fucking think he canceled on me and I'm just overreacting so he's ignoring me. NO!

I was the one who was willing to compromise with him, spend uber money to melrose, go anywhere with him, willing to get lost in L.A just to spend the day with him because that's how much I cared about him. But all he's capable of showing me is how little he cares about me. We've been talking for two months, and I practically told him everything about my past that I still haven't told my closet female friends. Why? Because I trust him and he gave me no reason to think otherwise. So why am I willing to be more open when I've been way more hurt and he can't even open up about anything without brushing it off and acting so nonchalant.

I've been so in my head the past two days that I didn't even see Dixie standing at the door waiting for me to look up.

"Hey, I was calling you and you were zoned out..." Dixie says.