61

Valeria

Christmas Eve.

When people say it's the most beautiful time of the year they really aren't lying.

In mine and Willow's neighborhood, so many people decorated their balcony's with Christmas lights and decorations, getting into the Christmas spirit.

With this being my first Christmas away from my family, I had to make sure that I made our place feel right at home. Earlier this morning I went to Marshalls and The Home Depot to buy some decorations. Willow was going to be out all day because she decided to save all of her secret Santa gifts for last minute, so I had to get everything all by myself.

Lets just say I might've went overboard with decorations because when it was time to fill my car with the bags... it was very much filled.

But I had called Vinnie and asked him if he could help me and he didn't decline, so he was very much appreciated.

Right now I was putting up the garlands around the house, and blasting some Mariah Carey.

The door bell soon rang after, so I stopped what I was doing and opened the door to see Vinnie holding a couple of boxes in his hand.

"Merry Christmas Eve! From the Montoya and Jones household!!" I cheer.

"Oh you weren't lying when you said you went all out with the decorations." Vinnie laughs, setting the boxes down on the kitchen island.

"Of course I wasn't lying. Christmas is literally my favorite holiday, I have to go all out for it. Now would you be a gem and please help me hang this garland up over the balcony window?" I ask him with a smile.

He nods his head, coming to take the garland from my hands.

He proceeded to hang the garland up while I unpackaged the fake Christmas tree and ornaments. This years theme for my Christmas tree was blue, white, and silver. It was my favorite theme, and the only one that I would do repeatedly. The whole red and green thing was cool too but it wasn't my favorite thing.

But anyways, after I unpacked the Christmas tree, I put the decorations on it, starting with the lights, moving on to the tree garland and then the multi sized Christmas ornaments.

Vinnie got done with the hanging of the garland before me, so he sat on the ground and passed me the ornaments whenever I needed them.

This went on for an hour until it was time to put the star at the top of the tree.

"Here let me do it, you can't even reach the top of it." He laughs at me. "I wanna do it though! My dad always lets me out the star at the top." I whined. He sat looking at me for a while until an idea popped into his head.

"Get on my shoulders."

"W-What? No! I'm not doing that." I say, dismissing his idea.

"What do you mean no? You wanna put the star at the top right? Get on my shoulders." He tells me.

"You're going to drop me and then we're gonna have to fight."

"Is fight code for something else? Because I don't mind baby." My eyes widen, but I shake my head slapping his arm. "No you perv!.... Ugh fine let's do this I have to get all this shit ready for tomorrow." I say walking over to him.

He turns me around to face the tree, leaving me to wait there for a few until I'm suddenly being lifted into the air, causing me to grasp his hair.

"Vinnie! You didn't warm me, asshole!"

"I wasn't supposed to. You would've freaked like how you're doing right now. Usually I'd like when a girls hands is in my hair but your literally gripping it so hard, please hurry up." He complains.