vii. mystic lights in the north

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

AURORA. Aurora Kingsley never really understood her name. It bugged her when she was little on why her parents have decided to give her that name. So she took it upon herself to research on what her namesake meant. The first thing to pop up was a movie. A disney movie. Aurora is the name of the princess in sleeping beauty. Well, technically, Aurora is the name of Sleeping Beauty. After she watched the movie, she compared it to herself but found nothing that they both shared. Although later in her times, she found the similarities of them both and that is how Aurora Kingsley loved sleeping. The only difference is that she didn't need someone to kiss her to wake her up, no, she just woke up by herself. Some people even took the chance and called her the Sleeping Beauty.

The second thing she found while she was searching about her name was the Northern lights. It was beautiful, she thought at that time. She still does think that the Aurora Borealis is beautiful, she even took it upon herself to see it personally. Sadly, considering the circumstances, there would be no chance of her seeing the beautiful lights.

Lastly, Aurora was about to give up her research until she found something. It was the meaning of her own name. Aurora in its latin origin means Dawn. Aurora was the ancient Roman goddess of the dawn. After searching that, she just thought that the reason her mother named her that is because of the latter. Her mother was always someone who had a love for mythology, especially Greek and Roman.

But on her eleventh birthday, that was the day she finally understood the in depth reason of her name. It was night time when they were all about to sleep and her parents went to her room to greet her for one last time since it was about to strike midnight. She knew, then and there that they named her Aurora because of its latin origin. She was their dawn. Aurora was predicted by her parents to be someone who rises. And then she did, she rose from being a shy little girl and became the most popular young model of a famous french agency. They told her that she was like the dawn. Something that cures people's sore eyes. She would be someone that people look forward to. And that even for very complicated circumstances, she would still have strength to rise up, that she would never let anyone cover her spotlight. The sky is always darkest just before the dawn. Aurora will always be someone's light even when she can't be her own.

“Even when you get a million chance to just give up, never let it get to you. Continue to rise my little dawn.” Her parents had said to her. And that's what she will do. She won't let some unspoken love and jealousy become her reason of giving up. However long the night, the dawn will break. Because night never had the last word, the dawn is always invincible.

Those were the mere quotes that she always remembered but she actually forgot that nowadays. However, on one of her trips to her mind, she recalled all of that and then realized things to herself. But once again, her thoughts just had to be cut off.