Part title

'Again?' Naruto thought when he saw another bouquet of red roses in his house. It wasn't the first time it happened, in fact it had become an habitual thing.

And the blond knew exactly whom they came from.

Sasuke Uchiha, his old friend / rival since the days of the Academy, and now Otokage of his adopted country. Everyone in Konoha knew the story of the Uchiha clan. Once they were the most powerful clan of the Fire Nation, if not the world, and seized by the thirst for power, they tried to usurp the Hokage, but were ironically stopped by one of their brightest kin, Itachi Uchiha, who exterminated the whole clan, saving only the life of his little brother, Sasuke.

Now you will wonder how Sasuke ended up so far from Konoha. Well, obviously the elders of the village tried to take the last of the Uchiha for themselves, but when the Anbu arrived at the clan compound, there was no sign of the young Sasuke. Only a few years later he reappeared and everyone was shocked to see that he was wearing the headband of Otogakure, the Sound Village, and everyone understood. The criminal Orochimaru had found him before the Anbu, and had adopted him.

For this reason no one was surprised to note that even though he was only 12 years old, Sasuke was already a powerful, but above all ruthless, ninja. He sent more than one young man to the hospital with wounds that were impossible to heal during the Chunin Exams. Everyone was terrified of him, everyone except a young blond boy from Konoha, Naruto Uzumaki.

Naruto was fed up with the Uchiha's arrogance and didn't hesitate for a moment to open his big mouth and tell him exactly what he thought. Sasuke obviously was shocked that someone had the courage to go against him. Then the shock turned into fury. The fight between the two that followed was epic, and Sasuke's fury turned into wonder when the fight ended in a draw. It had never happened to him before. And from that moment he saw the blonde in a different light. He noticed his sun-colored hair, his blue eyes like the summer sky, and above all the fire that burned in his soul.

He was fascinated by him. And so began the obsession.

In the following years Sasuke began sending letters and gifts to Naruto. In the beginning they were very innocent and friendly. Naruto found himself happy to have found a friend in his rival, but then they became more and more explicit and he understood that the Uchiha had a romantic interest in him. Shocked, he destroyed the letters and gladly agreed to go with Jiraiya on a training journey. During the journey Naruto discovered that Sasuke had killed his adoptive father and teacher, Orochimaru, taking his place as the leader of the Sound Village.

Naruto immediately noticed how suddenly some ninjas of Otogakure began to follow him silently and from afar during the journey. He soon discovered that they were not enemies. They were like bodyguards, sent by Sasuke to protect his beloved.

In the meantime Otogakure developed under the guidance of Sasuke and from a small and hidden village it became a powerful nation, so much so that, by the time Naruto returned to Konoha after 3 years training, Sasuke had taken the title of Kage, making it six of them.

But what surprised him most, once he returned to Konoha, was to discover that Sasuke had sent Tsunade an official request to marry Naruto and take him to Otogakure.

Naruto was shocked by the news and felt relieved that the old ba-chan had turned down the offer.

"But be careful, Naruto. Sasuke was not happy with my answer. That boy is obsessed ... and dangerous" Naruto had nodded and returned home, finally after 3 years away.

Naruto was focused on thinking about the instant ramen he was about to enjoy that he didn't immediately notice the gifts in his living room. But when he did, his blood froze.