pt 2 (edited)

Dedicated to

@sravs7

@cutypie5686

@sweetisme

@cutisef

@agarwaltejas88

@kanchanmehta

@TAB1129

Hema1986

SpringBahar

@EeyahTheCandyLover

*sofie*

Am I hallucinating??

That's the first thought which came to my mind. No way my mother-in-law aka the she-devil will ever compliment me. That to on looks. No possible way, but here she is.

I couldn't reply. I was waiting for her to say something along with the lines I'm kidding or some other insults, but it never came.

"Don't be surprised sofia, now please close your mouth. You look like a fish, come it's dinner time. We have to see all the arrangements. And you are sitting at our table. All the ladies wants to meet you.  Please don't make a fool of yourself and embarrass us."

I just nodded my head and followed her.

Many guests were already seated.

I and Mrs. Verma were sitting at either side of Mr.verma.

He then introduced me to all his associates, honestly I couldn't remember there names.

Dinner was going good,

Mrs. Mehta and Mrs. Malhotrs seemed to be nice. They complimented me. But I couldn't say the same towards Mrs.Gupta, who was glaring at me. And was trying to embarrass me.

I just kept quiet and ignored her.

After some times everyone started talking among themselves.

Honestly I was missing Vicky a lot. Have to call him ask about his whereabouts  soon.

Mr.malhotra-" well I'm thinking of organizing a gala to raise money for charity, and help the people in Gaza"

Mr.Mehta - "wow! That's a brilliant idea, we would like to contribute. Let us know when and where??"

Mr. Dutta _"ya, what will be the theme to raise money this time?"

Mr.khanna-" Auctioning women for one date to raise money is kind of getting old"

Mr. Verma_" After last times, the scandal between Mr.Ranjan thakur and one of the contestant, I don't think it's better to opt, the same idea again."

Mr.Gupta-" you all are right, but what other idea you all propose?"

Sofie_"ummmm... do you all mind if I suggest something??"

Mrs.Gupta_" what a silly, young girl like you know anything about these types of events and Rohini, you didn't teach your daughter-in-law any kind of manners. How can she interfere adults conversation like that.?"

She said that with such a glare. If looks could kill. I would be 6feet under the ground.

I could see my oh so mother-in-law wasn't happy with this. She was about to say something. No way I would let her or any other person to treat me like that.

I can fight my own battles. And she can't insult my family and get away simply like that. How dare she accuse my mother-in-law.

"With all the due respect,  Mrs. Gupta, my mother-in-law taught me all the manners and etiquettes properly. But she also taught me to stand up for myself, and state if there's something I needed to.

As I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted, why not  conduct a concert, invite some willing celebrities, and what ever the money comes out of tickets and all can be used for charity. We can even open food courts and shops their , we can work there and collect the money. By doing this not only we are raising money by rich people. Even the middle class can co-operate"

Mrs.Gupta_ "is this is your oh so good idea. Do you have any idea at what this will do in business industry. We working on streets will be scandalous. It will damage our reputation."

I guess Mrs. Prim and proper is a business woman. Hmmmm... interesting.

Sofie_" That's where you are wrong Mrs.Gupta, I'm sorry but I'm not trying to be rude here. Imagine, what if we invite press before hand and tell them about our plans. Instead of writing negatives they will support us and make it a big deal. And this publicity will definitely help our business. Why not kill 2 birds with a single stone. Media can either make us or brake us. Let's make a better option of that"

Room was completely silent. I didn't even realise I was standing and has gained attention of whole hall there. Now I felt embarrassed. I don't know what I did was good or bad. I just said what I thought the best. Anticipation was killing me. I was about to apologize. And that's when I heard claps.

Wow! Every one were clapping at me. And every one had sincere smiles on their faces

Mr.malhotra_ "That's an amazing idea. It will be new.. And we can have so much fun with that. This is not only beneficial for business, publicity and charity it will give an opportunity to work together , make friends and have fun. Which we are missing the most."

Mr.Mehta_ "what a brilliant daughter you have got there Shekhar., Vikram is very lucky. Good job sweet heart"

I just smiled at them. Every one were complementing me, dad  hugged me tightly and kissed me on the forehead. And Mrs. Verma's expression shocked me, I could see pride beaming from her eyes. She winked at me and smirked at Mrs. Gupta. Who still held a scowl on her face.

After the dinner, we were chatting. Meanwhile there was dance going on. And I started wondering, what will happen once Vicky become normal. I was sort of getting used to this life. I was afraid this will end badly.

Then dad asked me to dance with him. That wasn't a problem. I was a good dancer so I accepted.

While dancing he told me how glad he is to have me as his new daughter. And how I made him proud today.

"Sofie, from today onwards you are my best daughter in law"

"Dad., I'm your only daughter in law."

After that I danced with Atul. And called it night. All the guests were already going back.

I went to the room they allotted me, changed into night dress. And thought about whole day. Two things surprised me, my mother-in-law's sudden change of heart and Maggie's cold glare towards her mother.

After an hour, I couldn't sleep . So I went downstairs, in order to bring some water.

On the way, I heard some yelling coming from patio, so I went there to see what's all the commotion about.

But what I heard there stopped me at my path. It was what changed my every perceptive,

Mother, we all know it's you who is responsible for Vicky's condition!!

_rebel ridz

Hello guyz, finally an update. Hope you liked this chapter. Let me know what you think of this,

So plz vote. Comment. Share

Love y'all...