World turning upside down.. pt1 (edited)

*sofie*

After  long wait finally my soon to be husband came, I couldn't even see his face as  he was wearing sehra (a flower mask to cover the face of groom during wedding. It is still practiced in India). we took seven phere (walking around fire, while vowing in the presence of fire).

Soon the ceremony was over, I was now Mrs. Sophia Verma and I haven't seen my husband yet. Irony isn't it?

When it was time to leave, I cried for my shattered dreams, for my family, for leaving my home, for my friends, most of all I cried for myself.

Car ride was filled with uncomfortable silence. I was imagining my future. I prayed God for my new life. All the time my husband remained quiet, too quiet for my liking. I did not utter a single word.

I was expecting him to atleast reassure me or acknowledge my presence but that never happened. Each second I spent with him became suffocating, silence was way too uncomfortable.

After an hour of horrible journey we reached our destiny. To say that I was shocked to see what's ahead of me was an understatement. The house was freaking huge!! Scratch that, its not a house its a freaking mansion. Ahead of us were large iron gates, inside them was a beautiful garden with the fountain of two angels, and the mansion was huge and beautiful, as big as the parliament house. Made of sang-e-marmar (white marble which is the most expensive, calming, and beautiful marble) I was so mesmerised with it's beauty that I didn't even notice, my husband had already left me.

Rude much??

Agh!!! I don't even know what to do next.

After couple of minutes, collecting myself I entered the mansion. Inside was even more beautiful. Everything was expensive and I was standing there like a sour thumb.  Servants were there, busy doing work to even notice me. One lady around 40 caught my eyes. She smiled at me warmly. I knew we'll get along fine. She gestured me inside and started explaining.

'Hello darling. I am Mary, I handle the house duty of Mr. Verma. This is my husband George, who is a chef and gardener here.'

I smiled at her politely and  noticed the man around 50 standing next to her wearing an apron and had a comforting smile.

' hello, I am Sofia.'

' you must be tired, I'll​ show you the master's bedroom so that you can rest. Although I don't understand why such a beautiful and charming lady was wasting her life here, I love my master and care for him like my own but still, you deserve better.'

I was speechless. I didn't know how to respond. Heck! I didn't even understand what she was talking about. Before I could ask she was already leading me upstairs and rambling along the lines 'rich people... not my business... your clothes are already kept in master's bedroom...'

Finally after lot of turnings here and there, we reached a room. Ahead of me was my doom, and I got weird vibes from the room.

I thanked Mary, took a deep breath and knocked on the door...

Here goes nothing...

-rebel ridz

Hello guys! Hope you like my story trust me the idea is different. Next chapter is definitely going to shock you all... muaaaahhhh.. Please read and vote if you like it. ;-)