𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐡

Start from the beginning

OPEN:
Welcome To Doc's Place

The sign excites her even more. She can practically taste the sandwich already. A set of noisy bells jingle above her head as she pushes the door open and enters inside. Once inside, she is met with the sight of the one, and only, Doc Sanderson standing behind a counter as he flips over an egg. The most delicious smell ever emanates from the kitchen area, causing her stomach to perform backflips.

Her nostrils flare to bring the scent deeper into her lungs. She swallows hard, her throat aching as a result from the endless hours she spent crying back at the hotel, crying over her breakup with Edward and over the death of her mother. She smirks widely, and her and the puppy share a brief glance, communicating with one another.

This is heaven.

"Oh, Harley," she suddenly hears a man exclaim from behind the counter. "How have you been? Long time see, no?"

That's Doc Sanderson. He is the only man in the entire world who can warm Harley's heart with just food. He is a short, middle-aged Asian man with two moms. Seriously. He was adopted by a loving lesbian couple when he was just about eight years old. When he turned eighteen and graduated high school, they helped him start off his business, and, well, it went from there. Ever since then, everyone in Gotham has been coming to him to try his famous breakfast sandwich. Maybe it's the stray arm hair or the fact that the cheese slices are always six months out of date, but no one can make a sandwich like him.

"Hiya, Doc," Harley chirps and wraps him into a loving embrace over the counter. Doc and her make light conversation, saying their greetings, while the pup's attention is drawn to something outside.

There is a strange, red-headed woman standing outside, by a flower shop in front of the restaurant. She is staring back at him through the glass door, her eyes covered by dark sunglasses. Her identity cannot be recognized, as she is both too far away and her head and face is shielded by a purple scarf wrapped around her head. There is an unusual, sinister energy that radiates off her, and the pup can feel it all the way from here. A low grumbling noise emits from the puppy dog's throat, which then transforms into a full on bark.

"Oh, shush," Harley kindly shushes him, and he finally looks away from the mystery woman and focuses on the blond. He notices how she has propped herself onto a bar chair and is currently in her own little world as she watches Doc Sanderson prepare her food. He glances back outside and sees that the strange woman has disappeared. A low whine escapes his throat, and he draws his attention back to the blond.

She has ordered herself an egg sandwich, and he can't help but find some amusement in watching her gawk at it. If only he knew what she's thinking..

Egg, bacon, American cheese, she dreamily thinks to herself as Doc prepares her sandwich. Soft, toasted buttered roll. Just a dash of hot sauce. What a way to start my new life. With the perfect egg sandwich.

"Not too much, Doc," she instructs, making sure there isn't too much hot sauce being poured onto her sandwich. "I wanna taste the cheese!" Her enthusiasm for the sandwich is unmatched. Who knew someone could be so excited over a sandwich? 

Doc wraps up the sandwich in foil and smiles kindly at her as he extends his hand for her to grab the sandwich. Harley looks down at the sandwich, then back up at him.

"Yer a lifesaver, Doc." She pulls out a few wrinkled dollar bills that she had saved in her pocket. "I owe you for the extra seventy-five cents. I'll get it to ya, I promise! It's all the money I got in the world, an' it's so worth it!" She clutches the sandwich to her chest, and the kind man can't help by smile at her theatrical expressions.