chapter 12

Pixal controlled the car and drove Kai right next to a diesel truck with nindroids on a transport. Kai looked up and winced. The nindroids were shooting lasers at him and all Kai could do was duck. Pixal shifted gears and the car slowed down to get behind. Another gear shift and Kai was thrown back into his chair. The speed accelerated and sped up.

Pythor looked back at Kai still trailing them.
"Shoot the mountain!" Pythor commanded. A few of the cars behind started to shoot the cliffs of the mountain above. Debris fell in the way of the road. Kai yelled.

Pixal came in clutch with a plan. She fired her own set of missiles at the debris and cleared a path. The dew rocks that were launches in the air destroyed the nindroids in the air.

"Oh, heh. That was close!" Kai said looking back.
"I thought close was the objective." Pixal retorted.

The car drove up to the side of the truck but almost got rammed into the cliff side.

"I can't get past him. Get ready and hold on." Pixal said.
"To what?" Kai asked.

"To this."

Kai sunk down a bit and the handles of a bike popped up in front of him. The front part of the car lifted up and a third wheeled started to turn.
"What's happening?!" Kai asked.
"Woah--" as soon as he knew it, Kai was launched forwards and on the road.
"AAAAAAAAAHHHH!" He yelled waving his arms in the air.

The bike bombed into the back of the diesel truck and Kai grabbed onto it. The bike pulled back to the car as Kai tried not to die.

"Keep your sunglasses close, they're also a receiver so we can communicate." Pixal informed.
"Alright!" Kai said jumping to his feet while still on the car.
"Time to heat things up!"

Kai made his way to the top where some nindroids were waiting for him. As they fired Kai ducked behind the surface of the truck. He lit his hand up and smirked.
"You're fired!!" Kai yelled as he sent a flaming ball at the nindroids.
"And you're fired!!" Kai did it again.

The ninja smiled at his defeated enemies when he looked back at the truck. The purple cover that was on the containers started to burn off.
"Uh oh..." Kai said.

"Ninja-go!!" Kai flared up his spinjitzu and made his way to the drivers part.
"Uh, Pixal...?" Kai started. He looked at the symbols on the metal tank.
"I'm sitting on a tanker of jet fuel?" He continued.
"And I think I just lit the match."

"Jet fuel?" Garmadon repeated from Borg tower.
"He needs to get off that tanker before it explodes!"

"Pixal, get him out of there!" Wu insisted.
"Kai, there's a series of one lane tunnels up ahead." Pixal started.

"We must time it right to get you off of there."

Kai saw more nindroids climbing to his level. They shot and Kai jumped back to dodge. Suddenly, Kai tripped and fell between the two tanks.

Pixal sped up the car but in doing so, cut open a little hole for the jet fuel to pour out of.
"Hurry! Jump now!" Pixal said. Kai looked to his right. The car was waiting for him.

Nindroids grabbed Kai's feet and the tunnel approached. Pixal had to draw back. Thankfully, some nindroids are stupid and got hit off by the top of the tunnel. Kai was left fighting min-droid on the top of the tank.

"Kai! Now is no time to fight!" Pixal cried over the radio. The ninja saw the car beside him and punched min-droid off of him.

All vehicles exited the tunnels and Pixal screeched to a stop behind the truck that blocked her path.