10 | The Balcony

Third Person POV

"Sunghoon, I'm sorry." Jake said.

"For what?" Sunghoon asked. Sunghoon already knew where this conversation will go, but he tried to act oblivious.

"I never really meant to leave you. I just had some personal issues to deal with." Jake explained.

The two still looked at the night skies as they have their conversation.

"Then why did you pretend to hate me? You don't know how hurt I was back then." Sunghoon replied, finally looking towards Jake.

"I'm sorry it's just-" Jake couldn't even find the right words to say because Sunghoon interrupted him.

"See? You can't even say your reason!" Sunghoon said to Jake. The tears were already forming in his eyes.

"It's my family." Jake said lowly, he was already embarrassed with his decision.

"What about them?!" Sunghoon whispered-shouted.

"They gave me a choice. Nothing will change once I say this to you so I'll just say it. My parents told me to choose between staying with you, but you'll lose your cove or leaving you and go to Australia, but you could keep your cove." Jake explained.

"Why does your parents knows about us?" Sunghoon questions.

"They were both spying on us. They had pictures and one of the bodyguards saw us in the cove." Jake answered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Sunghoon asked.

"I didn't want to cause any trouble to you and I knew how hurtful my mom's words and actions will be so I just chose for you to hate me." Jake said while tears were coming out of his eyes.

"I actually thought you liked me." Sunghoon chuckled.

"Sunghoon, believe me I did. I didn't just like you. I loved you before. I loved how you didn't like me becuase of my background. I loved how you knew me as just Jake. I loved how you were so persistent and I just gave in. I wished I was strong enough back then to fight for you, but I just couldn't. I'm sorry Sunghoon. I hope we could start over and be friends again." Jake said.

Sunghoon's heart was beating crazy as Jake said those words. The sound of his heartbeat was so loud and fast that he thought the older could hear it.

"Jake, I don't know." Sunghoon admits.

"I already forgave you a long time ago, but if I gave you a second chance to start over; you have to promise me that you would never lie to me again." Sunghoon mentions.

"I promise." Jake assured.

The two hugged each other and the moon being the witness of the two's heartwarming scene. They stayed for a while and once they've had enough, they both went to sleep.

However, this time; Sunghoon slept next to Jake and it hasn't even been five minutes yet that the two already slept peacefully.

*Arf* *Arf*

They both woke up to the sound of Leila. Sunghoon opened his eyes first and saw the position he's currently in, his arms wrapped around Jake's neck and Jake's arm around Sunghoon's waist. The two made eye contact and before they knew it, Sunghoon was on the ground.

*Arf* *Arf*

"Ouch!" Sunghoon yelled.

"Layla! Woah, you still remember me?" Sunghoon said while he was being licked by Layla.

"She missed you." Jake said as he got up from his bed and started to fix it.

"Did you? miss me?" Sunghoon asked looking at Jake.

"Uh.. I need to get ready. You can change in the guest room. Just get a pair of clothes in my closet." Jake said rushing to go to the bathroom.

"Jake!" Jungwon yelled when Sunghoon and Jake got off the older's car.

"Woah." Geonu said, surprised that the two stayed in the same place without having one person get killed.

"Hey." Sunghoon said shyly.

"Hi." The two said.

"Umm... Jake, I'll see you in class. I'll give you your clothes back tommorow or another day." Sunghoon said.

"Keep it. It looks good on you." Jake said as Sunghoon leaves.

They both smiled at each other as Sunghoon leaves. Jake's friends just stared at the two and felt like their existence didn't matter for them anymore.

*Ehem*

Jungwon looked at Jake with a 'what happened' look. Jake was being oblivious and gave him a confused look.

"Explain. Now." Jungwon said.

And that's it for today! I hope you liked this chapter and I hope you continue to read this book.

As always; Vote⭐️, Comment💬, and Share🥰

-BA