The Summer We Changed (Chapter-1)

Hello dear readers! How are you? Thank you for your immense support! Its because of you guys that BtB reached 132k reads! Its so amazing! Thank you so much! 

Now as you all know, the sequel to the book is out now and of course you saw the prologue. So I am posting the first five chapters here! I hope you enjoy the story and if you do, check the entire story and many other stories by me on DREAME!

Enjoy guys!                                                                 

                                                                           ---------------------

"Ms. Parker, did you stick gum in Ms. Collins skirt?" Mrs Hopkin stared from beneath her gigantic glasses at me as I stood in front of her, my head down.

Not with embarrassment or regret though. I just had an uncontrollable urge to laugh. It was kind of a habit for me. Whenever I was in a serious situation, I felt like laughing. Like someone was tickling me at a very wrong time.

"She did!" Isabella Collins bellowed in her high shrill voice. "Look, here it is,"

We both turned our attention to the sticky lump of bubblegum in her hand, the white colour now faded to brown with dirt.

"Gross," I muttered under my breath.

"Ms. Parker!" My Spanish teacher admonished. "Did you stick that in her skirt?"

"I did not..!" I started but was again interrupted by my opponent's high pitched voice. It was so annoying that I almost contemplated sticking a bunch of gums on her mouth to shut her up.

"She's lying, Mrs Hopkin!" She cried. "You can see the gum yourself, can't you?"

"Let her finish, Ms Collins," Mrs Hopkin grunted, looking tired. "And do throw that dirty thing away, will you?"

Isabella scowled at both of us and trotted off to the waste basket disposing off the mean thing that caused all the drama.

"Ms Parker?" The middle-aged woman again turned her attention to me, looking satisfied. "Would you like to tell what happened?"

"Sure," I smiled. "I did stick the gum, Mrs Hopkin but not on her skirt. On her seat. She sat on it and then it got stuck in her skirt. Now, that's not my fault, is it? You should have been careful while sitting down, Isabella,"

"Ms Parker!" Mrs Hopkin chastised. "This is not funny," Although, I could see the slight hint of smile on her lips.

"She called me a slut, yesterday," I protested. "It's entirely not my fault!"

"Ms. Collins!" The teacher exclaimed looking so horrified that I felt bad for introducing her to the word.

"What kind of language is that? Is this what you're learning here?" She continued. "How can you use such a language after being a student of our school? Do you not know we are one of the most reputed school in London?Is this what you'll be preaching to your juniors?"

"But!"Isabella protested, looking surprised at how the tables have turned.

"You're upper grade students," Ms Hopkin began, her eyes moulding into the calmness of a saint about to preach the eternal words of wisdom.

Damn, this could take forever! I glanced at my watch and huffed with imaptience. Jesus, how long was this going to go?

"Mrs Hopkins, can I please go?" I cut her off before she could start. "I am sorry for my behaviour. This won't happen again, I promise!"