8// Cuts and Bruises

Playlist Number 2

I didn't say anything to Derek after his remark. He kept his hands on my wrists and stared at me intensely. My breathing was getting heavier. He's so close to me. Why is he so close to me? I saw panic spread across his face when he quickly released my arms. "We have to go." I rubbed at my wrists where his hands just were and gave him a confused glance. "Now!" He quickly grabbed my upper arm and we ran.

We climbed into the car and I put it in reverse and drove away. I quickly noticed there was a car behind me. Chasing me. Chasing Derek. "What the hell is going on?" I glanced at Derek for a second before looking back on the road. "Where am I driving to?" I asked. He shook his head and kept looking in the mirrors. "I don't know, just keep driving." He was scared. It made me scared.

"Who is that?" I asked, looking in my rear view mirror at the car that was on my ass. "A hunter." My eyes widened and I stepped on the gas harder. "Mr. Argent?" I glanced at Derek again and he jerked his head over to look at me with a look of pure irritation. "I don't know Holland, why don't you ask him?" I rolled my eyes. "I have control of this car, I can stop it right now and let them get your werewolf ass!" He glared at me and nodded his head. Yeah, I know, I'm right.

I quickly turned down a street that looked like an alley considering there was nowhere else to go. "Uh, Derek..." he glanced at me then looked at the wall in front of us. We hit a dead end. "Go, run! I'll be fine, I'm not a werewolf." He shook his head and I widened my eyes in disbelief at his action. "If you don't leave right now, I'm going to kick your ass myself." He narrowed his eyes at me, it was a glare but not a super hateful one. "And if something happens to you?" I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders. "Then something happens to me..." I noticed a figure getting out of the car behind us. "Go!" He gave me a concerned look before he slipped out of the car running.

I sighed nervously and opened the door. "Why were you chasing me?" I turned to face the figure who turned out to be a woman I haven't seen before. She was blonde and very pretty. She had a perfect body, not fair. I glanced at the gun in her hand and gasped as if I was surprised to see it. As if it actually scared me. She quickly put the gun behind her back. "I uh- I thought you were someone else." I nodded my head slowly.

"Okay well then I'll just be going then." I heard something crash from above my head and when I turned around I saw an outline of a person running along roofs. Damn it Derek. The woman quickly pulled her gun out and shot. I shrieked and ducked putting my hands over my head. I wasn't really scared for myself but just for Derek. I don't know if she hit him. I have to keep my fake act on though just in case. "Oh my gosh! Who the hell are you?" I stood up facing the woman.

She slowly fixed her gaze on me and started walking backwards towards her car. "Kate." I tilted my head in confusion as I waited for her last name. "Kate Argent." My eyes widened but I quickly composed myself and acted as if I've never heard the name Argent before. She has to be related to Allison considering she's a werewolf hunter. Before she got into her car and drove off, she whispered something to me. "Forty eight hours." I tilted my head at her last comment. When I noticed she was gone I started to let the panic sink in.

"Derek!" I yelled looking up hoping I'd see his tall masculine figure somewhere. "Derek, where are you?" I yelled. I ran towards the way he left and saw that there was a ladder on the side of a building. I quickly climbed up it until I was standing on the roof. I looked around and saw Derek laying flat on his back on the next building over. He looked dead. No, that's impossible. He's not dead.

Okay well how the hell am I supposed to get to him? I have to jump. I have to jump between these two buildings and hope I make it, because if I don't. There's a 98% chance that it'll kill me. I backed up as far as I could so I could get a running head start. Okay. Holland, you can do this. I took in a deep breath and started running. As fast as I could. When I was about halfway there I heard Derek start coughing. He slowly turned his head to face me and his eyes widened. "No!" His yell was quiet considering he was in pain. My foot hit the edge of the building and I jumped.