19// Not so Normal

Playlist Number 3

"Don't hate me." I rolled my eyes at him. Told you it wasn't going to be a normal night. "We're going to try and get some information out of my dad tonight." I let out a disappointed sigh because one, I knew it wasn't going to work and two I just wanted to have a normal night with my boyfriend.

He held our hands that we had together up and yelled in sarcasm. "Woo-hoo, amazing first date!" I didn't find him funny so I just looked over and glared daggers at him. We pretty much filled each other in on the information we found out today, Scott has two days to give Jackson the bite. Yeah, the bite that will turn him into a murderous werewolf because that's what Jackson needs. I told him about Allison shooting an exploding arrow into a tree and he wasn't too happy about that.

"So what's the plan tonight?" I asked as we walked to his front door. "Uh, I don't have one, we're just gonna talk to him." I furrowed my eyebrows at him as he twisted his key in the doorknob. Stiles Stilinski doesn't have a plan? Huh. Weird.

"Whatcha doing?" Stiles walked into the kitchen and I walked in closely behind him. His dad was sitting at the table with his head buried in papers. "Work." He's so short with Stiles about work and it kills him but his dad doesn't care. It makes sense but he just doesn't know the full story. "Anything I can help with?" Me and him both took a seat at the table next to the sheriff and he quickly narrowed his eyes at both of us.

"You know, if you poured me an ounce of whiskey, that would be awfully nice." I grabbed the bottle of whiskey and the glass but Stiles quickly grabbed them from me. His face lit up with an idea. He started pouring into the cup and went well over an ounce. The glass was full. My eyes widened as I looked up at my boyfriend. He didn't look at me but just handed his dad the glass.

"Any leads?" His dad chugged the glass and I watched in shock. Stiles is going to get his dad drunk and somehow his dads not realizing he's drinking more than just an ounce. "You know I can't discuss that with you." I slowly grabbed the empty glass from him and held it for Stiles to poor. He once again he filled it to the rim. "Not too much!" Me and Stiles made eye contact with guilt written all over our faces. He let out a sigh and handed the glass to his dad. "Okay, here you go dad."

"Thanks!" I ran my hand through my hair at his excited comment. I felt awful. "Bottoms up." Stiles fakely smiled at the sheriff and I just looked down at the table. "You know, Derek Hale would be a whole hale of a lot- Hale of a lot...?" He was slurring so bad. "Hell of a lot." Stiles finished for him in a sad voice. I put my hand on his knee reassuringly. He glanced at me before blinking about a hundred times in two seconds and then he looked back at his now very drunk dad.

"Hell... yes... it would be a hell of a lot easier to catch him if we could get a picture of him." I raised an eyebrow at his statement. "How do you not have a picture of him?" He looked over to me and shrugged his shoulders. "It's the weirdest thing. It's like every time we try and get a mugshot of him, it's like two laser beams shooting at the camera." He slid a picture of Derek over to us and he was right. It looks like two laser beams shining right at the camera, where his eyes are supposed to be.

"Oh, my God... Ohhh! God, that ounce hit me like a brick. And I have said way too much, and if you repeat any of that-" Stiles quickly interrupted him with a small laugh. "Dad it's me, I'm not going to say anything." His smile faded quickly. He feels guilty, we both do but it's hitting him harder.

"See, the thing is, they're all connected... I mean, the bus driver that got killed? He was an insurance investigator assigned to the Hale House Fire." I nodded my head in agreement. "Terminated under suspicion of fraud." The sheriff smiled and nodded at me. "Exactly."