Part 5 of 7

5 of 7

-Maverick

"Nimue?" A...well, I guess he's a true born hybrid as I was briefly introduced to the idea of cross-species at the castle. He asks just a few seconds after we land in this dump of an area.

While Nimue and I walk toward the small group, the true born hybrid, the vampire, and the werewolf, they stare at me. Judgmental looks won't get you too far. The vampire is quick to question, "Are you doing better?" His focus rests solely on the succubus next to me as we come to a halt.

"Who's he?" The werewolf offers me quite a disdainful...wait, I must be misjudging...I'm not quite sure what's got his panties in a wad.

Nimue smiles softly, eyeing her out of the corner of my eye as I hear the destruction and chaos ensuing in the background, though, let's go ahead and chat as if there's nothing happening. She tells the overly concerned vampire, "Thank you for your concern, I'm much better. It's been one hell of a week, that's for sure," she pauses and nods at the werewolf, "I've brought someone to help."

"Don't take all the credit for extorting me," I roll my eyes at her quick comment, "I believe you'd be competing with the Queen at this point."

"Rose sent you?" The true born questions me while furrowing his brows, Nimue turning to him at his sudden interest.

Don't they all communicate?

Don't they all get along?

Nimue greets us all with shortness, "This is Maverick; he claims to be what is known as a pureblood from his world." She only pauses briefly to motion in order of each male, "Merle, Wyn, and Kai...I do hope you'll all get along for the brief period of time you're here."

"Terse...very," I breathe in the scent of blood, my mouth salivating at the amount littering around like gum on a sidewalk.

"World?" Merle asks.

Nimue is just as observant as I, looking to that large demon, at least ten-foot-tall demon with symbols close to the book Lucette brought over that Rook was studying. The symbols are etched into the demon's collarbone. She states with a renowned knowledge, "I never thought I'd see the likes of hierarchy demons, let alone, a prince of powers; Prince Carnivale...they were all banished when Aeon fell dormant and went to sleep."

Wyn asks while gesturing to me, "How is he going to help?"

"Well, we'll have to figure that out now," I glance around, looking to Prince Carnivale and arching a brow, "nasty beastie there..." my gaze flickers around, observing the small tells and signs that this demon is offering with a mere gaze.

Merle furrows his brows and asks Nimue, "If a god or goddess cannot undo what Aeon has done, how can a mere vampire do anything?" Merle pauses and glances at Kai, "No offense."

Ha! Well, Kai does appear to be just that, a mere vampire.

I'm surprised when he says, "None taken," Kai even laughs, "we've been at this a week, after all."

"It's cute that you think I'm a mere vampire," My features lighten as I move around where they are rooted to, toward the acidic blood runes that were spoken about at the castle.

Interesting...

...it's as if someone has combined the use of dark magic with blood magic. Ah, Rook...if only you were here to appreciate the irony of their world's situation.

Merle reacts with unneeded concern, "I wouldn't—"

"I would," I cut him short as I casually toss the words over my shoulder like water. Oh, I can feel the anger radiating off that one.