Part 2 of 7

2 of 7

-Maverick

"Harlan," my voice is even, my gaze flickering from everyone that leaves the castle doors.

"Maverick, don't worry, I already have one bright idea," he notes, walking up behind Mavis.

"Just one?" I question while arching a brow while Alpha Keir takes a step toward us.

Harlan mutters beneath his breath, "I have enough energy to transport to the Dominion Plane...though only enough for one trip and one extra occupant."

"Where are we?" This shouldn't be an issue. I can just fly out of her on a blood disk and he can get Mavis to safety. We can figure out this shit afterward, though I hardly recognize the landscape, and I've met most of the wolves and none are known as an Alpha Keir. In fact, I don't recognize anyone else, even in passing while visiting.

"Not in fucking Kansas, that's where," Harlan moves relatively slow, not to draw any extra attention to himself.

They are already eyeing him with slight confusion, one mumbling, "I thought with the new treaty, the warlocks and witches won't cross the veil until it's completely gone."

Harlan eyes me next and states, "I don't think we're anywhere near home...as in...I don't fucking know where to start and Isis isn't here to god damn help us anyway...I can't connect with her."

Not good.

I order, "Take Mavis and protect her. Figure out what's going on and I'll weather the storm here." Without another word, Mavis exhales audibly when Harlan wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her to his chest.

"Dad!" Mavis screams, her white irises locking with mine as I sense the wolves moving toward us.

"Hold!" Alpha Keir orders, the wolves backing a step away. His eyes settle on Harlan, his wings extending behind him...they aren't necessarily afraid, just wary of his actions. Interesting, the wolves I know, have never had an encounter with an incubus or succubus, yet this doesn't seem like the first time they've seen someone of Harlan's species.

I smile at her softly and reassure, "I'll be home in time for Christmas."

That's all I get to saw before both Harlan and Mavis are gone in an instant. I'm left standing on my own, those viewing me as a threat while they slowly surround even tighter the circle closing in.

I can feel it, just like Harlan...

...I don't know where we are, but this world and earth isn't our own. Running isn't going to help right now, I've done enough of that being a rogue for so many years.

Alpha Keir eyes me, asking, "Who are you?"

A King I am where I come from, though I'm not sure what the status here is of vampires, let alone purebloods. Cautiously choosing my answer, I reply, "My name is Maverick."

The woman breathes in deeply and states, "He's a vampire, that I'm sure of."

Alpha Keir nods, "Indeed," furrowing his brows for a moment, he questions, "Are you somehow related to the Ice Haven Pack?"

"Excuse me?" I don't understand.

"Your hair," the woman states, motioning to me.

All purebloods have white hair, so I don't understand what they mean by belonging to a pack. I'm a vampire...they make absolutely no sense!

"I'm a pureblood, not a werewolf," I state, feeling those behind me coming a little closer, the wolves in human form.

Alpha Keir shakes his head, "What's a pureblood?"