Part 4 of 7

4 of 7

-Maverick

Well...

...after the exciting information on, oh let's see hybrids, vessels, gods, goddesses, I swear, I'll be the happiest vampire in the entire world once I get home and normality hits me square in the jaw. At least, it didn't take all day for them to explain everything to me, and I them. Apparently, there's no such thing as a pureblood vampire in this world.

Which brings us to this awkward moment.

"You said that you need to feed before you leave to join up at Meliorist Sanctum?" Cormac asks me as I head into the hallway. Oh yes, I did find out who Acacia's daddy is, and sure enough, he wasn't too amused by my comments, though, this whole world seems to be a bit dull and dark, not much humor and no rest for the wicked.

The witch succubus Nimue waits to transport me to the ongoing assault on the high school. See, now if they had just explained it in terms I already understand, that Nimue's species is a succubus and her class is a witch, we'd been all good. Just as Eris was one of the few and last succubus assassins, I get this understanding much better than them confusing and labeling a species as an entire class at the same time.

It makes no sense.

"Indeed," I nod.

A young girl presents herself from behind Cormac, while he informs me, "One of the human girls who reside here, she's offered her blood for you."

"How generous," I look her over and sigh, "however, I'd rather not kill such a pretty thing."

Cormac arches a brow, "It's for feeding, not to kill."

"Unfortunately, a bite from a pureblood vampire will result in a human's death, simple as that," I shrug my shoulders and the girl's face suddenly pales, looking very skittish after my comment. My gaze meets with Cormac's as I finish, "However our worlds work against one another, I'd rather not risk the possibility of killing her. I've paid my dues for everything I've done prior to becoming a father, and killing an innocent is not even at the bottom of my list."

Cormac nods, understanding that it might not be such a good idea to mess around with the laws and limitations of the worlds that constrict their rules to us. Instead, he offers, "I could bite her first?"

"I don't take someone else's seconds, nor would I enjoy your residue saliva," I grimace at the thought. Snapping my fingers after thinking for a bit, I note, "If she's alright with being cut, I'll take her blood that wa—"

"Why don't we skip the difficult details, and you can drink from me?" A woman I recognize from inside the ballroom steps forward, her fiery red hair cascading around her while her clear blue eyes hone in on me. She walks up next to me with Alpha Loki close to her, arching a brow and smiling, "I'm quite sure your oh-so-powerful pureblood bite won't affect me in the slightest," she muses and pushes her hair back over her shoulder, showing me her neck.

I glance from Alpha Loki, and to the girl before Alpha Loki states, "My beta, Glofish, wanted to be of assistance. Everyone is trying to make amends for their wrongs and prejudice toward others. Glofish wanted to extend her own form of gratitude for you helping us."

"Not entirely by choice," I remind him, the 'help' I'm giving is the only way out of this mess. Alpha Loki's eyes flash for a split second and I question, "Did I just anger a god?"

Glofish giggles, nearly falling over as she says, "Oh, don't mind our Alpha. This is all new for you just as much as you are new to us. Yeah, you are kind of being blackmailed, but we really appreciate the help!"

Uh-huh.

"Extortion is the word you're looking for, sweetheart," I chuckle, and I notice the way her cheeks ting with redness, bashfully glancing away for a moment.

Cormac clears his throat and says, "Either way, we'll always remember what you do for us."

Releasing a sigh, I accept and state, "Alright, I'll feed on you and we'll call it a day," I nod at Nimue and ask, "are you an instant transport?"

"No delays, I promise," Nimue nods and smiles, understanding my humor, one of the first.

Cormac shakes my hand, Alpha Loki next as they both tell me separately, "Good luck." Before they walk away and back to whatever it is, they do. The human girl looks at me once more before she rushes away and upstairs.

"So...you ready Mr. Pureblood?" Glofish asks me and brings me back to the present.

I chuckle and reply, "Of course," as she keeps her hair away, I reach out and wrap my fingers around her arm. I feel her shudder beneath my touch as I pull her closer to me, though she's taken aback when I lower my lips to the inner part of her wrist. Arching a brow, I inform her, "I'm not sure how this is done here, however, where I come from, taking blood from the neck is the most intimate act a vampire can engage in."

"What about sex and mating?" She questions and I nearly falter at her quick response.

I lean in close to her ear and murmur, "Just a few of my favorite things." She colors once again and I chuckle, "The neck is the most delicate and vulnerable part of the body for feeding on, a true form of absolute trust between vampires to place their lives in the hands of one another...so, that is why it is considered the most intimate act, beyond that of mating, let alone, mere sex."

Glofish stutters, "I-I...I'm s-sorry."

"Don't waste time on apologizing for something you didn't understand," I lower my lips once more to the inner part of her wrist, before my fangs elongate and I feel the shift in my eyes. My fangs pierce her flesh, and the overwhelming sensation and sweetness of her blood nearly consume my senses.

Hybrids...

...they're something else, even for me.

Glofish moans loudly, unable to suppress the feeling that floods her as I drink her blood. Her other hand touches the side of my shoulder, steadying herself as I drink my fill. As I pull my fangs from her flesh, I lift back and her eyes meet with mine, her voice airy as she says, "Y-Your e-eyes...th-they're b-beautiful."

"Thanks, sweetheart," I smirk, and I feel them revert before completely stepping back away from her. As I turn to Nimue, I state, "Alright, let's get this over with. I want to be home in time for Christmas."

Nimue nods and as she reaches out and touches the side of my face, not a split second later, do I reappear with her in a complete chaos ridden scene.

Updated on Tuesdays

If you don't want to wait and wish to read more ahead of the weekly releases, you are more than welcome to read on Patreon under the Pack Member Tier. Click on the link on my bio to find me.