chapter 116: one step closer to healing

Start from the beginning

Yoongi nodded, a look of determination. "I'm ready. Tonight... will you lend me a listening ear?"

Jennie smiled fondly. "Always."

-•-•-

"How does this sound?" Jungkook strummed at his guitar. "Does this sound better... or this...?"

"Hm?" Jieun looked up from the apple she was cutting for him. "The second one."

"Ah, okay-" Jungkook scribbled something down on the piece of paper on his coffee table. "Second one, huh..."

"Stop for a while and have some fruit, Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook put down his guitar and lay down on the couch, resting his head on Jieun's head. He closed his eyes and opened his mouth. "Ah..."

"Ya-" Jieun fidgeted uncomfortably in her seat. "You shouldn't be eating while lying down - it's bad for digestion-"

"I don't care..." Jungkook's eyes fluttered open and he gave Jieun a little pout. "I want you to feed me. Ah..."

Jieun watched Jungkook with a helpless smile on her face as she fed him a slice of apple.

"Mm!" Jungkook grinned up at Jieun. "This is the sweetest apple I have ever eaten in my life."

Jieun let out a small giggle. "You know... I still don't understand why you did that."

"What?"

"Your confrontation with your sajang-nim...?" Jieun laughed. "I mean... I know you've had ill-feelings towards him for many years now... But you've been holding it in for so long, why did you just decide to unleash all of that pent-up anger towards him today?"

"Mm..." Jungkook thought for a while. "Maybe it has been stored up inside of me for so long that today, it just overflowed. And perhaps... you do have a part to play in it."

"I do...?" Jieun placed a hand on her chest, her eyes widening in surprise. "How? Why?"

Jungkook sat up straight once more and smiled at Jieun. "You know how I told you whether you thought that doing makeup for actors and actresses was something you'd be keen on and you said yes?"

"Uh-huh."

Jungkook smiled. "I thought that... perhaps you could do Jennie-ssi and the rest of her costars makeup in Unit 105's upcoming drama."

"What?" Jieun frowned. "What now? I'm really lost."

"You still remember Min PD-nim?" Jungkook asked. "He's the one Jennie currently has a crush on. He used to live right next to me in Unit 105... so that's why we called him Unit 105. But you saw him before - he was one of the PD-nims for Love House, remember?"

"Ah!" Jieun nodded excitedly. "Yes, I remember now! Jennie-ssi kept on talking to him a lot..."

"Yeah, because she's freaking crazy over him-" Jungkook chuckled. "That guy... he never spoke to me before Jennie came into his life either. So... in a way, I think they're a good match."

"But... what about him?"

"He's been unemployed for a long time..." Jungkook began. "Recently, he decided that he wants to start up a YouTube channel and upload content on there. His first piece will be a webdrama... it's called My Brightest Star, or something? I can't really remember, but I heard that it's a really famous online novel these days-"