Chapter 18

Taylor

"Where do you think they put him?" Prince asks as I peek around the corner and smack my back against the wall again when I saw an Agent. There were thousands of them. This place disgusted me. Taking people from messed up lives and promising a productive one. But in reality... putting us in even more hell than we in were before. Division has made us all into killers. Psychopaths. I was gazing off at the stainless white floor as I felt eyes starring at me. Looking up my eyes met Prince's and he gave me a awkward smile. I mumbled a small "Sorry" before glancing back down the hall and speaking. "The only reason they'd want Birkhoff is for Intel. So the only place he'd be, is in one of the many interrogation rooms in D.H." "D.H is at the total other side of the building. We won't be able to walk past recruits and Agents. Especially you, Taylor. Everyone knows who you are." Demi mentions. I roll my eyes at the last comment. "Well... what if we look like recruits again?" I ask, eyeing the set of recruit lockers across the hall. "What?" She asks, following my gaze.

I bite my lip and  sprint across the hall. I walk to the lockers and open one of them. Thankfully it was a males locker. I take out the recruit uniform and throw it across the hall to Princeton, watching him catch it piece by piece hurriedly. I look in the other one and take every piece of clothing I could find and run back to them. I put the clothes down and search through them. I find a pleated tan skirt and suck my teeth. "Yours." I immediately say, throwing it to Demi. I hand her a white polo shirt and then I take the Khaki pants and white button down. I slipped them over my skinny jeans and Demi slipped her skirt on over her jeans then pulled them down. As we both put our shirts on Prince starred at his clothes like they had eyes and were starring back at him. "What's wrong?" Demi asked him. laughing a little. He didn't say anything. He simply looked at me and blushed. I held in a laugh. "He doesn't want me to see his lovely body." I whisper to her, loud enough for him to hear before we both turn around. 

"You've never seen his..." Demi asked into my ear as I tapped my foot and waited for him to change. I tried to hold a laugh, only for it to come out sounding like a fart. "Of course not!" I whisper. "We've only been going out a day Demi. And most of that day I was unconscious." She nods in agreement. "Is he a good kisser?" She asks giving me an encouraging smile. "What's up with the questions?" I ask. "Eh, well. So much things have been happening, we haven't had much time to fangirl about your new relationship." She says, shrugging. That's why I love Demi. She's such a material girl. She helps me get away from the terrible thought of reality and just fantasize a bit. "Trust me. We'll have all the time we want. As soon as we get Birkhoff then leave this hell h-" "Done." Prince said from behind us. I turned around and smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear. I almost forgot how good he looked in a uniform. "Okay, Taylor-Taylor stop drooling and tell us what to do next." Demi said, nudging me. I snapped out of it and pretended to wipe drool from my lip. "Oh, oh sorry..." I laugh, fixing Prince's tie. "Anyways. We'll have to sneak past the security and get to around where the gym is and work our way from there." "Ray and Prodigy." Prince says quietly. He was starring at the ground, thinking-- probably. "What about them?" I ask. "Can we bring them with us? I can't just leave them here." He says looking at me, with suddenly intense, pleading eyes. I stayed silent for a second, then Demi spoke. "What if we don't find them? Who knows where-" 

"I'm going to check down Corridor 6. I thought I heard sounds there earlier."

Demi's mouth shut and her eyes widened. Suddenly I heard a gun load behind me and Prince and Demi in front of me raised their hands in surrender. "Who are you three?" A firm voice said from behind me. I quickly turned around and elbowed who ever was behind me. He aimed his gun towards my face but I grabbed it and pushed it away. He was stronger than me. By now the gun was pointing at my shoulder. I quickly let go and smacked his arm, flipping my leg over I hopped on top of him. "Help me." I said, looking up between my already messed up bangs at Prince and Demi just standing there. Prince immediately grabbed the gun out the guys hand and pointed it at him as Demi gave him a quick blow to the face making him tumble over. I got up and panted. "Thanks alot." I mumble. "We didn't think you needed help." Demi said laughing. "We didn't think you needed help," I mimicked her in a annoying, girly tone. "We can't shoot him. It'll echoe through out the entire building, thousands of them will be here in seconds." Demi said. "Then what are we gona do," Prince said lowering the gun. I rolled my eyes and lifted my leg. Bashing my foot against his neck I heard a snap right before he flew to the floor. "Agent... Agent 46... you there? Agent 46. Are. You. There?" I heard his earpiece sound. "I'm on my way."

I sigh, grab both their hands and run. I stop when I hear different footsteps. He came from behind a wall and grabbed me by my neck. "Taylorina Montgomary?" He asked with wide eyes. I only coughed as his scarred look turn into a look of cold hatred and his grip on my neck grew tighter. Suddenly he slammed me into the wall and punched me in the stomach. I gasped for air repeatedly as he began to choke me again. My hands were  wrapped around his but I couldn't manage to brake his grasp. Demi was fighting off another guard and another had Princeton pinned down. All of a sudden I heard a blatant gun shot...