Chapter 5

Taylor

I look at Princeton, starring at the ground as they took Amanda out. I run up to one of the guards and pull on his sleeve before he left. "I... I didn't um... kill her... Did I?" I ask nervously. "No, she's just unconscious, she'll be up in a few hours," The man says, giving me a comforting look. I let out a shaky breath as they leave, shutting the door behind them. I turn to Prince. "Are you okay?" He asks-beating me to it. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I ask quietly. He shrugs.

"Are you?" I ask walking to the bed and sitting down. My back, wrists, and head, are KILLING me. "Yeah..." He answers, eyeing me. "The whole building is quiet... I bet everybody knows what... happened," I say, staring at him. Prince sits next to me and gently starts to rub my shoulder. "No they don't," He says softly. "It'll all be okay, you... just need a little sleep-" "Why the hell does Division want me to be a part of them? Why don't they pick Demi, she's a good fighter, or Roc, he's... well Roc... But why me?" I ask, more to myself than to Prince. He sighs and looks ahead, thinking. "Cause... your new?" He answers warily. I look at him. "What?" I ask. "Division likes to pick the new recruits, they'd rather take you in when you know nothing about what they're really about. They study and watch the new comers, almost like a analysis, for about a week. If they have no interest, they drop them," He says, I can hear the softness, yet, firmness in his voice. He sort of... Reminded me of my father... "Drop them... As in..." I ask, trailing off because we both know what came next. He nods, swallowing softly. "Yeah."

I look down. "Do you... want to join Division?" He asks, his hand pauses his calming circulalar movements. I think for a minute... I don't really know. Maybe? Not really? No? "I... I don't think so," I say. "Please... Don't," Prince says, I can feel his pleading eyes urging me to look up. "I won't, I promise." I stare up at him, sticking out my pinky. He laughs a bit before wrapping his pinky around it. 

"You pinky promise?"

I smile.

"I pinky promise."

*                                                                              *                                                                                         *

The Next Day

*                                                                                                     *                                                                          *

Taylor

"Okay class, pair up with your regular partners. We're doing a power exercise," Ms.Johnson says walking over to the board, erasing what was left from the previous lesson. I turn around to Prince. He was looking down at his notebook while Roc was throwing paper balls at him. I roll my eyes. Will this boy ever stop?

I snap my fingers in Roc's face. "Hey, yeah, you. Stop it," I say. He rolls his eyes and sits back in his seat. Prince looks up cautiously. "Thanks," He mumbles. I sigh and look at him. "Prince, you need to start defending yourself." I say putting my books down.

"How?" 

"Oh, I don't know. Tell him off, hey, punch him in the fucking face for all I care."

"I... I can't do that."

"Well, why not?" 

He looks at me. "I don't really know... I guess... Cause I've never done it before," He says, shrugging. Suddenly, Prince grabs his head and bites his bottom lip in order to stop himself from screaming. "Prince a-are you okay?" He calms down and looks at me. "Ye- um yeah..." He says bashfully, as he looks down at his fingers nervously. I look at him. "Did you just have a vision?" I ask, surprised. If that was a vision, it wasn't even close to the severeness of the outburst he had about a week ago. "Yeah..." He says. I suddenly feel excited. "What was it about?" I ask smiling widely.

Princeton

"Yeah, Prince. What was it about?" Roc says turning to us.

Oh... My... God... Did I just have a vision of... Me and Taylor k- "M-Ms.Johnson can I be excused?" I say getting up. I feel like I'm about to be sick. Not by the fact that me and Taylor are gonna kiss, it's just by the fact that... ME AND TAYLOR ARE GONNA KISS. "Yes, Prince, don't be long..." She says, looking at me weirdly but I don't care. I get up and run out. I run to the nearest garbage and puke. Again. I've really got to stop doing that... I walk to the gym and sit on a bench.

Why would Taylor kiss me?... Or me kiss Taylor... I don't really know who did it first but... I know several reasons why I'd kiss her. Just not why she's kiss me... I can feel my cheeks flush red and my body temperature increase. "Hey big head, what are you doing here?" I hear a voice say behind me. I nearly jump out of my seat. "Woah... What's up?" Ray asks, sitting next to me with a worried face. "Oh... It's you..." I mumble, clutching my chest. "Dude... What. Is. Up?" He asks, more firmly this time. "I..." I say looking at my shoes as my legs kicked back and forth. "I had a vision that me and Taylor were kissing... a lot," I say nervously. "Kissing a lot? You mean... Making out?" He asks with a smirk. "Shh..." I say to him. "Someone might hear..." I say scratching the back of my head. "Well... Umm, Prince? Shouldn't that be a good thing?" He asks humorously. "Don't you like her?" 

"Yeah... a lot..." I answer, honestly. I would never be able to tell anyone besides Ray that, he's like my brother. He is my brother.

"Then kissing her should be a good thing. Was she pushing you away or mad or something?" He asks.

I think. 

"N-No..."

"So you should be looking forward to it. Not dreading it Prince."

He nudges me, "Your gona have you first kiiisssss," He sings.

My cheeks redden even more. Kiss. I have never kissed a girl, ever. 

"Go back to class Prince, kay? It's alright, just calm down. Everything will be fine," Ray says patting my back. "Now I need to get back to class, before Jayda gets mad and you know how she is when she's mad," He laughs. We look over to Jayda, his ex. They both really like each other but relationships are practically forbidden here. Not by Percy or Amanda just by... everything. Your allowed to have a relationship but you can't get caught kissing, hugging, or even hand shaking here. So everyone is careful.

Ray interrupts my thoughts by scruffing up my hair. "Bye," He says. "And don't be so nervous towards Taylor, she's cool." "Okay...Bye," I say as I look down. I take a deep breath and get up.