Chapter 22

Princeton

"Birkhoff? What's happening?" I ask, glancing at Ray with worried eyes. "Taylor needs help. She's on the ninth floor, room 56 B..." He paused. "Percy's there..." My heart sank a little and I almost immediately snatched Ray by hos arm and ran to the nearest elevator. "What's wrong?" He asked, his voice shaky and uneasy. I repeatedly press the red button next to the gold double doors of the elevator. "Taylor. She's in trouble." I choke out. "What do you mean? What ha-" He began, but paused as he saw my reaction to something across the room. My hand flung to his side as I tried to remember their names. "D-Division agents-" I stutter. "Micheal and Roan..."

Taylor

As Percy and the Ambassador spoke quietly, I managed to wiggle myself to the opposite side of the room. "Birkhoff, help," I whisper urgently. He didn't answer. I jump as a hand was placed on my shoulder. I quickly turn around, meeting eyes with the Ambassador. "Percival says he knows you?" He smiled. My eyes widen a little but I soon catch on to Percy's 'game'. "Yes. I... I met him a few years back in Russia. At a convention." I gesture to the camera in my hands. "She's such the photographer, isn't she?" Percy adds, as he struts into the conversation. "Yes. She's taken photo's for many famous representatives I know. She's extremely popular in Russia, Percival." "Who would have known?" He raises an eyebrow. Suddenly I hear a slight buzzing sound in my earpiece, then a voice. "Taylor? It's me, are you okay?" 

Prince.

My bite my inner cheek and try to walk away but Percy stops me. "Where are you going so soon? You still have more photo's to take."

I reach up, as if I was scratching my ear, and turn my earpiece on. "I have to use the bathroom," I say quickly. "No need to leave, there's one in here," He smiles fakely as he leads me to the far corner of the room, to a door labeled 'Facility'. I walk in and lock the door. I walk the farthest I can from the door and speak. "Prince. Percy's here and-" "I know. I'm coming now. I'm on the fifth floor, but Micheal and Roan are on their way too. I saw them downstairs." I stay silent. There's no way he can face them by himself. "Are you okay?" He asks, after what I think was the elevator bell, signaling he was at his stop, sounded in the background.

But before I can answer there was a knock on the door. "Alexandra? Who are you-" The Ambassador began before a sudden explosion took place. The pressure ended; then dead silence filled the atmosphere. I  freeze and drop the camera. No. I run to the door and open it. Blood quickly coated the brown carpet as the Ambassador's body laid still. I look up to see Percy with the gun pointed at me, he shoots and I duck. The bullet flew above me and hit the door behind me with a smash. My hands covered my ears from the loud sound as I quickly ran past him and to the door. As it opened I flew into to two firm chests before knocking straight to the floor. My breathing hitched when a bullet flew into the ground right next to Prince's head. I grabbed him and Ray by their shirts and ran until they were stable enough the run by themselves. I skidded on the floor as we reached the end of the hall. I felt a tug on my dress as I was hauled through a door. "Taylor! Come on!" Prince yelled grabbing my hand. Ray, lifted his pants leg up and grabbed a gun. Then the other and threw a different gun to me. "Agents are here," He said breathlessly as we ran onto the 6th floor. "Your gona need it."