Chapter 15

Demi

I let out a shaky breath as her body fell into my arms limply. "Phew.."

Prince propped his head out once more, to make sure she was okay, before hopping out himself. Then down came Birkhoff.

"Okay so, Birk. What do we do now?" I ask kneeling down a bit and pushing Taylor over my shoulder.

"We need to go to the location the manufacturer told us to meet, when he gives me a call we'll come and pick up the antidote. As simple as that," He states. "Where'd the manufacturer tell you we had to go?" Prince asked, nervously patting his pockets as the alarm sounded faintly in the background. "Not too far from here, Syracuse New York-"

Suddenly a loud banging noise came from behind us. Turning around, we saw a bunch of recruits and security guards, hitting and scratching at the double doors. We quickly backed up. "Shit," I mumbled, gripping Taylor's legs just in case we had to make a run for it. "Come on guys," Birkhoff said pushing our backs forward as we turned around. "We gotta get out of here."

Running around to the back of Division we reached a black steel door. It looked so... old. The paint was worn out, dust and cobwebs formed in each corner, and the "keep out" sign over time turned nearly upside down. Birkhoff ran down the few stairs leading to it and put in a code. The door squeakily shook, then swung open. He ran in. Me and Prince glance at each other before reluctantly following him.

It was a garage...

There were all different cars, guns, bullets,and gadgets down here. It looked like a lair. Me and Prince walked over to a wall with probably over 200 different bombs on it. "Taylor would have loved to see this," Prince mumbled. I smile. "Yeah, she would have."

Moving a bit forward we reached the guns and ammo part of the wall. "Take some. Put it in the back of the car. Recruits will be at our necks, we'll need to defend ourselves if we're gona save Taylor," He said. Prince instantly took every gun he saw and stashed it in the back of the car Birkhoff was getting into. I picked up a couple of guns and about a dozen packs of ammo and sprinted for the back seat of the car as Prince took the passenger seat.

Birkhoff looked at me as I laid Taylor in the seat next to me. Strapping her up I nodded at him. "We're ready."

He inhaled and exhaled slowly before smashing his foot on the petal. The car skidded ahead and through an automatic door. It seemed as if we were driving through an endless tunnel until another door opened and the front of Division came slowly into view. As he drove ahead I turned around and watched as recruits broke through the glass and came sprinting towards us. I would've picked up a gun, but it was almost impossible for them to catch us running.

Sitting back down I noticed Prince saw also. His eyes moved from the back of the truck to Taylor. Following his gaze, I watched her too. Her head gracefully fell to each side as Birkhoff turned and braked. "Prince, she's gona be okay." Birkhoff said.

"You should honestly stop thinking about her. It's gona make you go crazy. If not, it'll make me go crazy," He added.

I smiled a bit. Thanking god that I wasn't a reader. "I read that," Birkhoff said in a sarcastic tone. I sunk in my seat and rolled my eyes.

*

Princeton

We found a safe house near Syracuse. Birkhoff fell asleep as soon as we stopped the car, basically. I was still inside starring at Taylor. And Demi was outside, practicing her shooting.

Taylor would occasionally wake up, crying, then fall back asleep. Her head was resting in my lap and my head was leaning against the wall behind me. I was trying not to fall asleep. Which was becoming pretty hard. Every now and then my head would fall to the side and I'd pop back up again. I wanted- correction, I had to be awake when Birkhoff got that call.

My only escape was to think about Taylor, and with Birkhoff asleep, I could do that without any complaining. I constantly had to keep myself from from either getting angry and lashing out or getting sad and bursting into hysterics. I still couldn't believe that I cared so much for one person as much as I did Taylor. But who couldn't? She was beautiful, smart, strong, funny and kind.

My heart nearly stopped as Birhoff's phone began to ring. "BIRKHOFF!" I screamed, picking Taylor up and jumping over to him. Punching him repeatedly in the arm I almost pissed my pants. "BIRKHOFF! THE MANUFACTURER IS CALLING! WAKE THE FUCK UPPPP!" I shouted as one of his eyes opened. His other one opened and he rolled his eyes at me. "Shut up, man. I'm up," He snorted. He sighed as he sat up and pulled his phone out of his back pocket. Looking at it groggily he answered. "Ello?"

"Is this Seymour Birkhoff?"

"Yes."

"It's ready for you. Be at the location before the next hour, if you take longer than that, it will be no longer corruptible."

After that the dial tone echoed throughout the hollow room. "Come on." He said, patting my shoulder and getting up. I smiled and mentally jumped for joy. I kissed Taylor's forehead before getting a good grip on her and running after him.

*

We were in the car and me and Demi has switched places. She was up front with Birkhoff and I was in the backseat with Taylor. We were driving at a pretty steady pace until the navigator on the truck began alarming.

Red dots began to get closer and closer to the the green triangle; which was our vehicle. "What are the red dots for?" Demi asks worriedly as Birkhoff came to a halt. "Division agents..."

"What's a Division agent?" I ask.

"They're basically higher level recruits." He states, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. My eyes became wide as agents surrounded us and bullets came flying toward out car. Ducking down Birkhoff smacked the back of his seat with his hand, getting my attention as I began to panic. "Pass us some guns, we'll take them down while you follow the GPS to the location with Taylor," He said. I passed him as much guns as I can grab with two hands and looked at him. "I'm not leaving you two," I say, knowing I'd probably have too. "Prince, we'll have to make it there within thirty minutes. We'll never make it in time, they'll destroy the antidote. You have to go. Now!" He yelled as the gun shots got closer, shattering the wind shield. "Where's the money? I don't have it," I say, my eyes getting worried and scarred. "Here, all the money is on this card," He said handing me it. "Now go, save you girlfriend." He winked before him and Demi opened their doors and sprung out the car, instantly shooting every target they saw. I nervously hopped into the front seat and slapped my foot on the gas. Driving as fast as I can I realized that I hadn't yet gotten my driver's licence. Yep, I was almost seventeen without a drivers licence.

"Make left in 3.5 seconds."

The creepy GPS lady said. Turning the corner I nearly crashed straight into a building. God, if I get in an accident with Taylor in the car...

I shook my head as an attempt to push the thought away. I couldn't even begin to think of what I'd do. And I'm not going to.

Demi

Shooting like a wild maniac I began to wonder where Birkhoff was. I haven't heard him shooting for a while, but I hadn't got the chance to turn around. Running behind a tree I spun around to see him being swung from side to side as bullets shot straight at him. He collapsed and a puff of smoke surrounded him. "Oh my g-god.... BIRKHOFF!!" I screamed.

Shit.... SHIT.