Chapter 19. Town Shops

Start from the beginning

"This is depressing, Nathan has only been gone for a few days and you can barely live without him."

Olivia flushed a bright red upon hearing his words, immediately hiding her face behind her hair.

"May I ask why you're in here?" She changed the subject.

"I've come to save you, little human." He said mincingly.

"Save me from what?" Olivia stood up, turning her curious gaze towards him

"From you wasting your life away." He rolled his eyes as if what he said was something obvious. "Nathan is gone silly, don't you realise how much fun we could be having right now?"

"Don't you remember the last time we tried that Louis? Besides I promised Nathan I would be careful." She placed a hand on her hip.

"Oh come on he'll never find out, it's the perfect opportunity!" He whined childishly. "We could go into the main town, maybe even get you better clothes."

Louis looked down at her plain dress disapprovingly.

"What's wrong with my clothes?" She asked placing a hand on her chest, feeling offended.

"Nothing besides the fact you wear the same boring clothes every day."

Olivia let out a frustrated sigh. His idea was tempting, it was, but it didn't feel right going against what Nathan had told her.

"Nathan doesn't control you, Olivia, I for sure know you are dying to get out of this castle for once."

The blonde vampire was right, it had been a while since she had left the castle, the last time being when she went to a restaurant with Lord Nathaniel.

"What if something goes wrong? Nathan won't be here and when he does come back he'll probably kill both of us if he finds out." She nervously laughed, although she wasn't so sure if the last part was a joke.

"Me? Probably, but Nathan would never hurt you even the slightest. I'll tell him it was my idea and that I forced you, then he'll punish me and you'll be safe. Deal?"

"I don't want you to get in trouble Louis." She frowned at his so-called "plan".

He rolled his eyes. "I won't, let's just do it alright?"

"Fine."

Immediately after hearing her words, Louis pulled her by the arm excitedly as they rushed out the room.

"I didn't send off my letter!" She reached her hand out as she looked back.

"I'll order the maids to send it, now come on."

***

After a rather lengthy carriage ride from the castle to the town, they eventually made a stop at the northern part of Vampyria. This was where many of the wealthy vampires went to shop, as it was filled with luxurious stores and markets that sold almost everything. Olivia had never been there, as she had only ever lived in Stawford which was in the south. There was no law that prohibited humans from visiting these places, but most of them were not part of the upper class and it was dangerous as mostly vampires inhabited them.

The busy streets were filled with people in colourful and expensive-looking attire, and there were fancy boutiques and shops in every corner of the town. Everything looked so luxurious, she felt like an outcast knowing she was probably the only human.

Olivia then wondered what life would be like if she was one of them, maybe things wouldn't be so complicated with Nathaniel. She was still luckier than most humans, her friends back in her hometown lived in poverty their whole life, but she was lucky enough to live in the castle.