Ch130 - He means what he says.

Start from the beginning

Bai Yan queried, "Xiao Liang takes care of people?"

Kang Shengzhe said: "He does. He might not speak much, but the things he does have never been little. In the months I've entered the school, what I hear the most are praises about how You-xuezhang was good in this aspect and good in that aspect."

Bai Yan was very much interested. "Is that so? Tell me more about it, Xiao Liang hardly tells me about the things that occur in his school."

As people, parents were dissimilar and naturally, their children's personalities would be different too. Bai Yao was flippant and impudent in character and expressive about it; ever since she was young, she would take every tiny trifle and put it in front of people and torment them with it. Meanwhile, You Liangxing was the exact opposite; no matter what happened, he would not voice it, and no matter how difficult a problem was, he would continue to keep his mouth shut. However, the latter child had always been outstanding, and everything he did was always done to its utmost best. But for Bai Yan and You Ming, it also meant that they would occasionally feel like there was no place for them to apply themselves in his life.

Hence, they could only prepare all the material things for him and cultivate his spirit.

Back when You Liangxing enrolled into A University, he had left without any hesitation. Afraid that he would live somewhere inconvenient, Bai Yan haf specifically bought him an entire apartment building. 

However, the difference in their material needs and daily lifestyle proved to be too big; although it had been two and half years since he entered university, this was honestly the first time Bai Yan heard detailed information regarding You Liangxing's life in university.

Since she wished to hear it, Kang Shengzhe spoke about everything without holding back. Fortunately, he was not a bootlicker; rather, he was exceptionally good at flattering especially when the subject matter was You Liangxing. Thus, his expression and tone became particularly real and genuine.

Dozens of minutes passed like that and Bao Yan's mood was exponentially better after hearing all his words. She patted Kang Shengzhe's hand and said in a rush: "Is that so, really? Xiao Liang even participated in the Double 11 party, I always thought that this child took after his father, disliking places with a lot of people."

Kang Shengzhe said: "There's no way around it, Liang Liang is like a shining point; there's always a lot of people wherever he goes."

Bai Yan replied, "Yi, this child~ you're very good at talking."

While the Lord Mother was coaxed to the point of giving a flowery smile, Bai Yao was short of rolling her eyes up to the skies. She cut in, saying: "Mom, Kang Shengzhe might speak well in front of you, but when he talks outside, he infuriates; he has two faces and three knives, pei!"

The main point that Bai Yan caught was marvellous. "It turns out that you're this familiar with Xiao Kang."

Bai Yao's voice rose in volume, "Mom, are you listening, I said he infuriates me!"

Bai Yan replied, "I'm just joking, are young people this thin-skinned these days?"

Almond-shaped eyes widening, Bai Yao exclaimed: "Mom!"

"Yaoyao, don't speak to your mom loudly," said You Ming faintly.

Reprimanded, Bai Yao pouted her lips and issued a particularly loud 'hmpf'.

Personality wise, Bai Yan did not care for anyone and she left Bai Yao alone, not even looking at her as she continued to chat with Kang Shengzhe. The longer they talked, the more it was impressed upon her that while Kang Shengzhe was taller than most and rougher in physique, he was pretty and his person was decent. Ever since he entered the door, Xiao Liang would glance at him every ten seconds, making it abundantly clear that their feelings were genuine at a glance.