"We are probably in the same time period as we were on Mur, and it could be that they could have progressed to this level of sophistication by now," suggests Adam.

Evian looks around afraid to leave the chamber now. "Maybe we should go back to the Sphere. I don't like the feel of this time."

He instead looks up the stone steps, trying to decide which way to go. He turns back to her. "We have to find something that will decay over time that will give us an idea of the symbols and the passage of time. There should be a jungle out there that we can get an apple from or an Avon fruit that will rot over time as we jump ahead slightly one symbol at a time."

She is unsure about that, but follows him, not wanting to be separated from him ever again.

They move up the awkward steps to the exit, and then farther up the more naturally spaced steps to the surface. They arrive inside the Pyramid that Adam remembers from before. The lights on the walls are burning brightly, and there is sunlight coming down the long hallways to the four sides of the outer structure.

Evian looks around at the size of the stone blocks that make up the sides of the hallways. "Those stones are huge. They must be ten times the size of anything we had at the Palace, and I always marveled at how they must have been shaped and moved into place. I can't imagine how you would move blocks such as I see here."

"Yes, in my time, there are many such places all over the planet, that have the same unmovable blocks. We can't even lift them with our advanced technology, let alone move them hundreds of miles, which most of them were," states Adam, as he steps out of the stairway and onto the highly polished floors that reflect the light from the torches in an almost magical way down each side.

They cautiously move close to the wall as they head for the brightest opening out of the structure. They come to the end of the long hallway and peer out into the light. The scene before them stops Adam in his tracks. The fields he saw around the Pyramid in his time that were barren, where even the soil had all turned to solid rock, is now full of lush and growing rows of plants in a perfect line, stretching out before him into the distance. Small floating platforms are moving between the rows as tall human looking creatures pluck the harvest from the plants and set them on the platform beside them.

Adam and Evian can only stare at the scene as they try to comprehend what they are looking at, before he moves back inside the stone hallway, pulling her with him.

She looks up to him. "Who are these people, they look more like you than my people, except that they are taller."

He looks to her at a loss for words. "I don't know. I knew that someone had built the Pyramid under the ice, but not this long ago."

"So, you know when this is?"

He looks around as he considers her question. "I would say that seeing as we did not change the time in the Sphere, we must be at the same time as the Shrils on Mur."

Evian peeks out around the side of the opening again. "If that is the case, then where are the Shrils and the Moles?"

He shakes his head. "I don't know, but I think we should get back to the Sphere and try another time to carry out our testing of the symbols."

She nods her head in agreement, and they rush back to the opening in the floor that will take them back to the Sphere Chamber below. They get there, and just as he goes to step down to the first step, his foot stops as it hits something solid that is not there. He almost falls as he puts his weight down, expecting to reach the lower step. Evian looks down at where his foot is resting, and then back up at him, with fear in her eyes. He puts all his weight on the invisible barrier and then stands with both feet in mid-air. "It seems that we can't get to the Sphere right now."

"How is that possible? There is nothing there," she cries out.

He pounds the barrier with his foot. "I would say it is an energy field of some kind."

Evian looks unconvinced. "An energy field?"

He starts to open his mouth to explain but thinks better of it. "Let us get out of here before one of those people come to investigate. I am sure they know that we are here by now."

They head in the opposite direction this time, hoping to leave the back of the Pyramid in the darker shade. They rush to the entrance, and Adam stops right at the edge of the entrance, so he can peak around the edge of the opening to see if anybody is there. He never does get a good look, because he bangs his head on another barrier across the edge of the opening.

Evian backs up now, with a look of absolute fear on her face. "We are trapped. They are going to eat us now. We must get out of here. Adam, please take me from this place."

He looks around frantically but knows that there is no place for them to hide. He turns back to the barrier and a man at least seven feet tall has moved up to the other side. The man smiles. "Welcome to our home. My name is El and I am the leader of the Eflem."