Chapter 9

Evian has been talking to Jess about the children in the village and what they are taught about their history, when Adam makes his way back to the main eating room. She looks up, excited to see him again. "What did you and Jarl talk about?"

He sits down between the two women. "He was interested in how our village runs and if there are any differences between them that he might adopt into this one to improve the beauty of the village. I told him about ours being circular, and how it makes the flower beds seem more organized."

"Jarl is a special man. He has done so much for us. We would not have the lights that glow when we get close to them, if not for him," states Jess, happily.

Evian turns to him. "Jess had been telling me about the stories that they tell the young ones. It seems they know about the fact that they come from Ver and it was their home. Also, that we are the descendants of the people that went with the Shrils to ensure the safety of the rest of the Moles that stayed behind, just like we believe in our village."

Adam leans back from the table. "Jess, do you mind if Evian and I go for a little walk around the gardens before turning in for the night."

"No, not at all. There is not much light out past the building, but it should give you some privacy at least. The male's quarters are on the right side of the building, behind the cooking area, while the female's quarters are on the left side, right on the other side of that wall across from the food counter. The door is around the outside and there should be lots of empty beds for you, so just take your pick."

Adam stands and reaches for Evian's hand, which he takes, pulling her to her feet to stand beside him. "Thank you for your help today. We will see you in the morning."

"Yes, the morning meal is just after Sal rise. I will have someone wake you, if you do not get up in time," smiles Jess.

"Thank you," responds Evian, as she follows Adam out into the night.

He leads them down to the river and picks the widest part with the longest bridge over it. He stops at the very peak of the arched walkway and leans back against the low railing before pulling her towards him in a tight embrace. He leans down slightly and puts his mouth close to her ear. "Put your arms around me as if we were having a quiet moment together as a couple."

Evian smiles and does not need much encouragement to press her body against his firm chest. "How is that, or should I get a little more active with my roaming hands?"

He whispers in her ear. "I don't know how they are doing it, but the Shrils are watching us and can hear everything we say. I am hoping that the water under us and the distance from the shore will hide our whispers."

Evian cuddles even more, as she whispers back. "What have you been able to find out about this place?"

"Well, Jarl claims that the Shrils have directed us to this village on purpose. They can make the dense vegetation separate at will, so they just made it easy for us to arrive here where I suspect that they can keep an eye on us."

"How do we get back to the Sphere and away from here to your home?" asks Evian.

"I don't know yet. Jarl seems to think it is impossible, but he has lived here all his life and has been affected by the water and the lifestyle. I doubt if he has even given it much thought. I intend to get us there before any babies arrive from another village, because when one does, the oldest villager is taken to the fortress for processing."

Evian pulls back slightly. "Are you telling me that you are now the oldest person here and will be taken to that place we saw when we left The Sphere Chamber?"

"Yes, but there is a way out of being processed. I can ask to be taken to the Island where the young male and female Shrils can only enter adulthood by chasing down and eating a male Mole. There is always one extra male Mole, and if he escapes the Shrils, he will be granted a long natural life like Jarl here in this village."

Evian presses her body tight to his. "Please don't let me go to that place. I have been able to drive the sight of the people hanging from my mind by drinking the spiced water that causes me to think of other things, more enjoyable."

Adam hugs her tightly as she shivers from the thought. He slowly reaches down her back and rubs her backside through the thin material till she responds to his touch, which is almost instantaneous. "That is how the Moles are controlled. The Shrils use their most basic need; the need to procreate to keep them under control. The people in the village must be so used to it that it takes a strong dose to affect them, but for you, it must be..., quite invigorating."

"That is pleasantly true, and Jess did say that the young ones only get a weak portion till they become of age, then they get the full dose."

He looks down on her as she stares up at him. "The water keeps you from thinking about our situation, making it easier for you to cope."

"Yes. When I drink it, I can't seem to take my thoughts off you and our big secret," smiles Evian wickedly, as she pushes herself against him suggestively.

Adam smiles. "OK. Then we should get back to the eating hall, so you can drink a big glass of spiced water to help you sleep deeply, as pleasant thoughts roam through your head."

They move back up the slight rise to the main building that is now dark but lights up as they approach. There on the closest table are two glasses and a full pitcher of the spiced water, waiting for them. Evian looks around, but there is nobody else in the hall. "I wonder who put this here? It is obviously for us."

Adam pours a full glass for her, and hands it to her, smiling, as he does. "Ok, my dear, it is time to take your medicine. Now be a good girl and drink it all down, it will make you feel so much better."

She grabs the glass and tilts it up, not stopping till she has swallowed the whole thing in one gulp. She hands the glass back to him, and sets it back on the table. He leans down and kisses her full on the lips before the drink starts to take affect. "I will leave you now, and go to the male's side, and you, my dear, need to get to the female's side. Morning will come early, and I am sure they will have something for us to do."

Evian watches him leave as his strong leg muscles move the firm cheeks up and down sweetly. She must shake her head to bring herself back from her raging thoughts. She moves around the side of the building to the entrance of the females sleeping chamber. A large globe in the rafters of the room gives just enough light for her to find an empty bed for her to sleep in. She slips under the single cover and lays her head down on the pillow. She is just starting to drift off when she feels a weight settle down on the bed behind her and gets under the cover. A hand slips over her hips and pulls her gently towards the warm body. Then a face snuggles into her hair, and whispers in her ear. "It is me, Marie, I set the spiced water out for you, and took a big glass myself. It is the first time I have tasted the full grown up version and was hoping that you would like someone to play with tonight."

Evian's first reaction is to get up and move away, but the questing hand on her belly is moving around, finding the sweet spots to probe. The spiced water has kicked in aggressively now because of the touching, and she just moans slightly and pushes back against the warm body, wiggling wantonly.