22. Sarcastic and Cryptic

Song: Mamma Mia from... well, Mamma Mia (big surprise there).

 well, Mamma Mia (big surprise there)

~ Megan Green ~

I am not very invested in this movie

For one thing, I'm not the biggest fan of musicals; which is ironic, seeing as how performing in them is exactly what I do. And I do enjoy performing in musicals.

But that doesn't mean I have to like watching them.

My idea of a good movie usually include aliens, swords, and some form of a heroic fight to the death. No romantic comedies - or much romance in general.

And no singing.

I'd much rather be watching Star Wars right now, but I told Sophie she could choose the movie.

I should have known she'd choose to watch Mamma Mia. Musicals were almost all she watched. If it wasn't Mamma Mia, then it would be Dirty Dancing, or Hairspray, or the two-thousand-four version of The Phantom of the Opera.

I must sit through this almost-two-hour-long movie, and I must not fidget, look bored, or say anything overly sarcastic.

Challenge accepted.

Sophie, as per usual whenever we watched one of these movies, was completely absorbed in it, singing along and dancing to every song, occasionally quoting lines. It was clear she watched this movie a lot.

I'm the same way with Star Wars and Star Trek and all those movies, but they don't sing. I just quote nearly all the lines and dance along to the amazing instrumental music.

About twenty minutes into the movie, I tuned out, deciding instead to play The Empire Strikes Back in my mind. I settled back into the couch and kept my eyes trained on the television, making it look like I was watching Mamma Mia, when, in reality, my mind was in a galaxy far, far away.

Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!

Who's scruffy-looking?