38. Hunting Ghosts

~ Joseph Abrams ~

~ Joseph Abrams ~

Greetings, Joseph Abrams

Forgive me for not properly introducing myself, but it's imperative that my identity remains a secret. For now, you can call me the Ghost, as you and many others are already doing. While that's not my real name, it's certainly an adequate observation.

You seem to be a smart man, Joseph - may I call you Joseph? You've clearly done something right, since you have the entire manor adoring you. Even Opal Green - an uptight, serious woman - respects you. Well, it's probably more accurate to say that almost the entire manor adores you. Unfortunately, I do not find myself within their ranks.

As decent as your intelligence appears to be, Mr. Abrams, I have come to question it at times. Particularly whenever you deem it fit to ignore my warnings. As I've told you time and time again, cease searching for me. You will not find me. As you and your colleagues have pointed out, I am a ghost. If I do not wish to be seen, then I will not be seen.

Do not look for me. Do not hunt for me. Do not try to figure out who I am. Do not try to figure out who I once was. I don't like people who pry, Mr. Abrams. It does not matter. My past is no longer of any importance, as I'm sure some could tell you.

You will be in no danger if you listen to my words. Though if you choose, once again, to ignore me... well, let's just say you wouldn't like the consequences.

Consider this your final warning.

Your obedient servant,

S. R.

 R