31. Flabbergast

~ Jamie Barns ~

~ Jamie Barns ~

"Here, flabbergasts! Stop hiding!"

As much as I desperately wanted to be in my bedroom, staring into my closet, gazing excitedly at the dress I got today, Sophie thought it was a much better idea if I went outside to, in her words, spend up some energy. I approved of her idea. Fresh air is good for you. I try to be out in the gardens at least once a day, and since I love the garden, I always look forwards to my outdoor adventures.

Today's adventure? Trying to get these butthead flabbergasts to stop hiding from me. I know they're out there, somewhere. I heard one, just the other day. The tinkling sound of a piano. That's the sound they make. Maybe they're all professional musicians!

And if I find one, they can play music, and I can dance to the music!

I poked around in a bush. Do flabbergasts live in bushes? I know rabbits do, and instantly my thoughts traveled to the day Fancy-Pants Charlton found me hiding in a bush and started calling me a rabbit.

Why did I have to hide in that bush? That's what got me into this whole mess. If I'd just sucked it up and continued my walk through the garden that day, I might not have even grabbed his attention!

Stupid, blobfish Jamie. Jellyfish.

Still, my face heated at the thought of Fancy-Pants - I'm obviously still suffering from the SBD he's inflicted upon me.

Curse you, Fancy-Pants, and your... fancy pants.

As much as my brain was determined to throw every ounce of dislike towards him, the more dormant parts constantly teased my consciousness with images of... him.

It would be much easier to dislike and reject him if he was uglier. But no, he has to be this attractive, handsome thing that constantly bothers me with his presence and symptoms of SBD.

He won't get out of my jellyfish-infested head.

I'm constantly thinking about last night, when I was idly minding my own business in the library, hunting for a book to read to Bunny before we went to bed.