19. Rendezvous

~ Sophie Leone ~

~ Sophie Leone ~

"¡No, lo estás haciendo mal!" Cordelia shouted for what seemed to be the tenth time

I sighed with impatience, crossing my arms over my chest, while Jamie, who was in yet another mood - though this one was unrelated to Weston Charlton - huffed and glared at the diva.

"We have gone over this routine a dozen times!" Jamie said, sounding as impatient and exasperated as I felt. "You're not even a dancer! You barely even know what we're doing, let alone if we're doing it wrong!"

I love Jamie; she's sweet, innocent, kind - what's not to love about her? - but that's all thrown out the window when she's in the middle of a dance routine. I myself get pretty focused while dancing, but Jamie is like an entirely different person. When she dances, and not for the fun of it, she's quiet, concentrated, and will not be distracted by anything. When she first started living with the Darcy's, after her parents died and her brother disappeared to France, I was scared of how different her dance brain is from her... usual mindset. But now, after four years of dancing alongside her, of learning the difference between her in the dance studio and her anywhere else, I know what to expect from her, what to do, and what not to do.

Basically, don't ever tell Dance-Brain Jamie she's doing it wrong. It's a terrible idea, and not a fight worth having.

"This is my song!" Cordelia shot back to her. "I know what I want you to do! ¿Por qué no me escuchas?"

Megan, who was sitting on the window seat with Pipes, gave Cordelia a thoughtful look. "Not to be a bitch or anything, but you have no idea what you're doing when it comes to choreography."

Slowly, Cordelia gritted her teeth and turned to face her. "And I'm not supposed to take offence at that?" she hissed.

Megan shrugged. "Take offence if you want. It makes no difference to me. I'm just saying, you're not a dancer, or a dance instructor. Yes, you learn some choreography for some musical numbers, but it's not that difficult. They leave that to the professionals," she pointed to herself, then to Jamie, then to me. "And yes, I know I'm not the best dancer in the world - I'm not stupid - but at least I know what I'm supposed to do."