7

Jeno scribbled a note in erasable marker on his locker whiteboard. Locker decorations were a big thing at their high school but the basketball player didn't really have many. He only had his whiteboard for writing down homework assignments he'd most likely forget until five minutes before class. 

Renjun on the other hand had his locker filled with everything he needed. An entire book shelf, extra school supplies, and stationary like all the "cool kids" had in elementary school we all envied so.  

Both of the basketball players were fiddling in their lockers during brunch, a ten minute block of time dedicated to just hanging around. Jeno liked brunch, it gave him a chance to talk to Jaemin. Sometimes at least. Jeno couldn't help it, he did like Jaemin. If only their love wasn't one sided. 

"Did you finish the science homework?" Renjun asked while he read the back of one of his many books, shook his head and then returned it to its place in his mini locker library. 

Jeno froze, eyes wide. "We had science homework?" 

Renjun smacked Jeno in the forehead with the base of his palm. "Jeno if you keep failing classes you're never going to get into college! Do you want that?" 

Jeno scratched his nape, recalling his past couple years of schooling and his grades. All D's with a sprinkling of F's and B's. "I don't want to fail but let's be real Renjun, I'm never going to college. I'm stupid. If I'm lucky I'll get a basketball scholarship."

"Ugh Jeno." Renjun tapped his finger to his temple. "Are you sure you aren't dyslexic? Were the doctors wrong?"

Renjun's response struck a nerve. Jeno went bright red and glared at his friend. "The doctors weren't wrong." He growled. "I'm not dyslexic. Just stupid." 

"Okay whatever you say." Renjun waved it off as if it weren't a problem but Jeno was angry. You didn't just say stuff like that to anyone much less your best friend! Jeno aggressively erased last weeks assignments on his whiteboard and slammed his locker. Renjun jumped, taken aback by the loud bang and clutched his heart in faux agony. 

Jeno rolled his eyes and turned his back to his friend. When would Renjun stop criticizing him?

☁️☁️☁️

While the basketball players were, well, basically fighting, Jaemin and Chenle were eating candy. Jaemin played with the lollipop in his mouth while Chenle ripped into a bag of Skittles. The two best friends were leaned up against their lockers, waiting for class to start. 

Jaemin was still pissed about Saturday. He was ready to slap someone in the face (which he almost did), also most likely Park Jisung. The absolute son of a bitch. Jaemin sucked on his lollipop distastefully. 

"I'm sad Nana." Chenle pouted softly. Jaemin's eyes widened, the glassy orbs growing bigger as he turned to the blonde. 

"What's wrong lele?" He put a comforting hand on his shoulder and took the lollipop out of his mouth. 

Chenle looked down at his sneakers, ashamed. "You know, I'm just mad at Jisung. For, well for, I can't explain it! I always wanted to be popular but he-"

Jaemin covered his mouth, ears picking up on someone running. "Listen." He whispered and dropped his lollipop. Chenle froze as he heard. They both knew. The two locked eyes (though Jaemin was sightless) and said it.

"Shit."

Of course, speak of the devil, he appears. I guess that works with school bullies too.

None other than Jisung, Jaehyun, and Doyoung had ran up to Chenle and Jaemin, hooting and hollaring, Doyoung ready for film. Other kids backed away, forming a ring around them, knowing the two boys would be beaten to a pulp. 

"You fucking brats." Jisung snarled and grabbed Chenle's shirt collar. "The fuck? Did you post that?" 

"Post what?!" Jaemin's eyes hardened as he felt Jaehyun close in on him. It finally hit him. "Chenle what did you do?" 

Chenle's face broke out in a bright red blush, making his light hair stand out even more. 

"I-I was trying to tell you but they interrupted!" The young boy stuttered as Jisung clenched his shirt collar tighter. 

"Speak up." Jaehyun pushed Jaemin against himself, ready to punch him in the face. 

"I posted a photo of Jisung from years ago that Jaemin still has! It's of the two when they were younger and Jisung is so messy and ugly and-"

Jisung threw the boy against the locker, his body slumping down immediately. That was Jaehyun's hint to knee Jaemin in the side. 

"Ah!" Jaemin groaned as he went down in pain. He was kicked down again by his attacker, slamming his chin on the hard tiled floor and splattering blood onto their shoes.

Chenle whimpered as Jisung tossed him again into the locker, breathing quickly. It seemed the dolphin-like boy was having a panic attack. Doyoung cheered for his friends, running around the circle of kids shouting 'fight! fight! fight!' to get the best camera angle. 

Much to everyone's disbelief (despite his own) Jaemin scurried away from under Jaehyun, throwing his leg back and hitting the elder square in the jaw. Jaehyun yelped in alarm as blood gushed from where Jaemin's foot had made contact with his face.

Chenle was trying his best to fight but was failing. Jaemin didn't know what to do as multiple fights amongst other students had broken out on the sidelines. Jaemin held back his tears and whipped around frantically trying to find Chenle.

"Hey!" 

The voice of his savior. At the time Jaemin heaved a sigh of relief. Jeno was here to help! 

The dark haired, strong basketball player broke through the circle of his classmates to witness the full fight scene. Jaemin, his boyfriend was curled up on the floor while Jaehyun attempted to pummel him. Chenle lay under Jisung who  was repeatedly punching him in many different places. Doyoung filmed the entire thing, glued to his screen and seeking attention from others.

Jeno firstly dashed over, snatching Doyoung's cellphone and slamming it under foot on the ground.

"No!" The elder wailed distraughtly. "My phone!" 

Jaehyun, who had noticed Jeno's appearance on the scene took a glance back at Jaemin but ripped himself away from the already bruised up boy and ran at Jeno. 

Caught off guard, Jeno went down as Jaehyun's weight slammed into him. The two seniors rolled to the ground, throwing fists, insults, and viciously trying to tear the other one off of themselves. 

Jaemin knew it was his time. He took a second to tune out all the noises except Chenle's whimpers. When he pinpointed the location, he pulled himself up against the locker head spinning from slamming it against the hard floor.

Jisung.  

Jaemin swung his bruised knuckles at Jisung, making contact with his enemy's nose, most likely breaking it. Jisung howled in pain as he was pushed of Chenle, the young boy sobbing beneath him. Chenle struggled for words, gripping onto Jaemin's arm in a panicked way.

But Jisung wasn't finished. Neither were Jeno nor Jaehyun.

Good thing the principal stopped before someone else was punched in the face.