4

Jaemin took a bite of his salad and chewed thoughtfully.

"I never really considered that Chenle. Maybe an octopus does feel more love and pain than other animals since it has three hearts." 

Chenle nodded taking a sip from his water bottle. "And the theory would make sense if-"

Jaemin cocked his head to the side as Chenle cut off. "What's wrong?" 

"EEEEEEEEEE!" The blonde boy squealed in dolphin.

Jaemin lurched back, covering his ears. "Warn me when you do that, the fuck! That scared me!"

Completely ignoring Jaemin's request, Chenle jumped up. "Don't look now Nana but I see Lee Jeno coming over here."

"I'm can't look you dumbass." Jaemin muttered. "Who's coming?"

"Lee Jeno."

"I don't know who he is."

"Ugh, silly, it's your Blind Date match!" Chenle exclaimed, ecstatically. "Come come come." He pulled Jaemin up from the ground and stood him up. 

"Oh this guy again. But Chenle I don't want to meet him."

"Shut up!" The younger hissed and turned the blind boy around. Jaemin snuck in a quick eye roll and looked sightlessly towards where he heard someone's footsteps, crunching on dead leaves.

"Ummm.....hello?" A deep voice tickled Jaemin's ears. The voice was not only smooth and pleasant to hear but at the same time soft and adorable. Jaemin uncharacteristically giggled and tucked a stray strand of blue hair behind his ear.

Chenle whipped around to stare at his friend in confusion. Where was this nervous attitude from Jaemin coming from? Chenle cocked an eyebrow. Wow. Maybe Jaemin actually has feelings for someone.....

"Hi there!" Jaemin waved in Jeno's general direction, clearing his throat getting back to his normal personality. "Who are you?"

"Oh, I'm uh, I'm Lee Jeno. I wanted to ask you a question."

Jaemin glanced at Chenle, who of course was bursting with excitement but Jaemin couldn't tell. "Me?" Stupidly Jaemin pointed a finger at himself.

Chenle face palmed and Jeno grinned. "Yes, you're Na Jaemin correct?"

"Yes what about it?" Jaemin snapped, flirtatious attitude disintegrated completely. 

"Look, I matched with you on this website called Blind Date. It's kind of like another Tinder but I guess less well known. It's embarrassing for me, since I assume your page was made as a joke-"

"It was in fact."

Jeno went beet red. Of course Jaemin wasn't serious about meeting anyone on Blind Date. The basketball player kicked his foot at the ground. He was just making a fool of himself. Even so, he continued on.

"Well, I was wondering if you would still be interested in being my boyfriend?"

Chenle shrieked in amusement, shaking Jaemin's arm and squealing. "Jaemin say yes! Jaemin say yes! Jaemin say YEEEEEEESSSSS!" 

Jaemin tilted his head to the side and pursed his lips. Jeno found himself staring into the boy's sightless eyes. When he realized he was he averted his eyes and fixed them on a beetle crawling across the ground.

"I will." 

Jeno covered his mouth with his hands, astounded. "Wait really? Oh Jaemin thank you so mu-"

"I mean anything's possible if you pay me enough."

Jeno felt his spirits dampen when the blind boy smirked. Of course Jaemin only cared about money. He didn't actually want to be Jeno's boyfriend. Jeno swallowed back tears (not caring he was being dramatic) and put a hand on the blue headed's shoulder. 

Chenle scurried so he was hidden behind his friend. Angrily he pinched him in the back several times. Jaemin flinched, knowing the dolphin was furious with him for demanding a paycheck  but he waved him off casually. 

"So Lee, I was thinking maybe a few dollars for every public affection. Like if you want me to hold your hand, maybe two bucks? Is that too expensive?" 

Jeno bit his lip and awkwardly played with his hoodie drawstrings. "Ummm....."

"Well...."

"That seems to be a good amount." Jeno replied automatically, his heart hurting from the rejection of the boy he had just met. "I'll pay up don't worry."

"Oh I'm counting on you to. I'll do one discount right now though as a thank you for getting me more cash."

With that Jaemin wrapped his arms around the elder boy and lay his head on his chest. Jeno, caught off guard hugged him back. The two shared an embrace for about thirty seconds with the sounds of Chenle screeching in the background. 

Jeno prayed his teammates saw. He wanted to show them he wasn't going to be single forever. Luckily when he flicked his eyes over, Shotaro was staring at him in awe. Jeno turned up his lips and released Jaemin. 

Jaemin clucked his tongue and pushed back his dyed hair. "Okay then, my friend-oh! My boyfriend. I will always be open for business, 24/7. But-" Jaemin waves around for Chenle who got the hint and bounded over with a pleasant smile on his face. "I'm still going to hang out with Chenle too so if you think I'll abandon him-"

"No of course not. Chenle's cool." Jeno hurriedly assured the duo.

Chenle's jaw dropped and Jaemin pushed it back up. "You think I'm cool?" The blonde asked in shock.

Jeno tapped his foot and nodded. "Yeah you're cool."

Chenle twisted his legs like a small child would do when they're flattered. "Thanks Jeno."

Jaemin rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Okay then, well I'll start service when you need it. Bye then Lee-"

"Tomorrow night. 7 o'clock."

"What?"

"The basketball team is going out for pizza after our game. Would you like to come?"

The blue haired boy turned back to Chenle who patted his back as if to encourage him to go. Jaemin nodded in return and stared at Jeno. 

"30 bucks."

"Deal."

"See you later then." Jaemin chirped and waved at his classmate who had indeed fallen for him. 

Jeno waved at his new "boyfriend" and walked away, bounce in his step a little less noticeable. He was slightly deflated that Jaemin only wanted to be together so he could get money but what was Jeno expecting? That the boy would run into his arms, kiss him, and tell him he'd always had a crush on him? No. He wasn't expecting that. Though that would have been amazing. 

Well, at least I'm not single anymore. Jeno looked on the bright side as he returned to the lunch table. 

"Jeno." Shotaro stated his name as if it was the most important thing in the world. 

"Yes....."

"YOU JUST GOT A BOYFRIEND!" Whoops and hollers blasted around the boy as the rest of the team slapped him on the back and congratulated him. 

"Good job mate!" The Australian boy Felix fist bumped him.

"That's cool." The chill tall boy Johnny commented. 

"I'm so happy for you." Mark smiled as he put an arm around Haechan. "Isn't love a wonderful thing?"

"Yup." Renjun sighed as he dug through his lunch bag and pulled out a candy bar. "Love is a wonderful thing." 

When you have love at least.