Chapter 9: Hayasaka Visits

(Y/n) POV

"You looked like you could kill someone on the spot."

After hearing what she said I froze and went silent for a few seconds.

"Do I really look like that?"

"... you......."

*Ring ring*

Before she could finish what she was about to say the bell rang.

"We're going to be late. I should go now." I said while changing the subject.

_______________________

While I was heading to the classroom, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Ow..."

Judging from the voice, the person I bumped into must be a guy. I glanced at him to know who he is. He had blonde hair and sharp blue eyes. If I recall correctly, he's the student council president of this school.

He stood up and extend his arm towards me.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh.. yeah." I said while I took his hand and stood up.

"You look quite gloomy. Is there something bothering you?" He asked.

"Well... not really.. this is just my usual expression."

"I see. Well then, I'll be going now. Class is starting."

"Yeah..."

I better go to class now.

____________________

"You're late!"

Our teacher looked at me with an angry expression the moment I entered the classroom. In return I bowed in forgiveness.

"I'm sorry."

"As punishment for being late you're going to be cleaning the pool."

"But.."

"No buts!"

I sighed.

I hate this...

_______________

Then after that the next day came. The day that I will be cleaning the pool. But for some reason, instead of "I will be cleaning the pool" it turned into "we will be cleaning the pool".

I glanced towards the person that I'm partnered with to clean the pool.

It was the student council president Shirogane.

Should I try talking to him?

Maybe not, he probably doesn't know or remember my name anyway.

"Hey (L/n), can you please pass me the bucket over there. We're going to start cleaning right?"

"Uh... yeah, sure."

I-incredible... how did he know my name?!

After giving him the bucket he asked for earlier, the two of us started cleaning the pool with a mop.

'S-so hot...' I thought while wiping my sweat on my forehead with my arm.

"Need some water?" He asked me while he was holding a water bottle on his hand.

"No thanks, I'm fine."

"Okay then."

After that he drank the water from the bottle he was holding. After finishing he stared at me for a while.