22

He gave me a meaningful look before leaving my room. I touched my forehead. What does he mean??

In less than 5 minutes, my room was filled with Akatsuki members. My head was a little dizzy with this sudden crowd.

"(Y/N)?! (Y/N)!!!"

"Don't you see her body is covered in bandages?? You will only hurt her if you hug her!"

"Do you need something, hm??"

"Move out, you dumb*ss! I can't f*cking see her!"

"Hidan! Your scythe only makes this room narrower!!"

"Why did you bring your scythe here, Hidan?!"

"Shhhh! Don't be too loud!"

"Quiet!" Pain snapped. "Get out, all of you. I need to talk to (Y/N)"

I could hear protesting voices, but one by one the members started leaving my room. Pain took a chair and sat on it. 

"Leader" I greeted him while trying to sit.

"No need to push yourself" Pain said. 

I nodded, but still forced myself to get up.

"About the Hirusagari. I should have warned you about this" Pain sighed.

"You know about them??" I asked.

"Yes. They're a copycat organization. They spy on us and always trying to follow what we do. Pathetic" Pain answered. "I never paid attention to them, but now they went too far, how dare they kidnap one of the Akatsuki members. Now, it's a good thing that their organization is no longer exist"

I blinked. "...What?"

"Itachi and Kisame found you and eliminated the rest of the organization"

My eyes widened. The two of them alone...

Pain read my facial expression. "It wasn't difficult for the two of them. The opponent is already in a losing state after all, thanks to you"

I looked down, remembered Akio. She's gone. I know I shouldn't feel sad, remembering what she did to me, but  I still feel lost.

"What did they do to you?" Pain asked.

"They kidnapped me to get information about our organization and asked me to join them. Don't worry, I didn't tell them anything and managed to fight back"

"I want to know how you did it" Pain shifted slightly. "I bet they tortured you there. It wasn't easy to beat them alone under bad circumstances"

 "You're right, they tortured me" I nodded. "I used my family's secret seal against them. The seal can break if I lose control of my anger. When the seal opens, I can get strength from kuchiyose in me, but the side effects are quite dangerous. I could just run into a chakra deficit and die" I explained.

"...I understand" Pain replied. "You were indeed in a critical condition. Kisame gave you his chakra, but don't worry about him, he has enormous chakra" Pain rose to his feet. "Now, please rest"

"Thank you, Leader" I bowed my head slightly.

Pain left and Konan entered my room. She smiled at me.

"I'm glad you finally woke up" Konan said as she sat on my bed. "You know, it's very difficult to take care of the other members when you're not around"

I chuckled. "Is it that bad?"

"It is. I don't understand how you handle them" Konan groaned. "By the way, I didn't know there's something between you and Itachi"

I looked away, avoiding her eyes. "Wh... what do you mean?"

"He came to your room, everyday" Konan said. "I've been in this organization with Itachi for a long time. I know him. If it weren't you, he wouldn't care at all"

"The thing is..." As much as I tried to fight it, there was no hiding the blush going to my cheeks. "...I don't know how to explain it to you"

"It's okay. Feelings are not an easy thing to describe" Konan smiled. "Sometimes girls need another girls to talk about men. You can talk to me, maybe I couldn't help you, but I'm a good listener"

"Thank you" I smiled at her. "How about you and... Leader?". Konan was always with Leader, so I assumed that they had a relationship.

Konan smiled and looked down. "Well, we're never really a 'we'"

"S... Sorry, I..." I stuttered and couldn't continue my words.

Konan gave me a reassuring smile. "It's okay. It's just... complicated"

Complicated. I think I could understand her.

Konan's eyes studied my bandaged body. "Now you focus on recovering. I will help you if you need anything"

I gave her a grateful smile. "Thank you, Konan"

.

.

.

Hello, this is part 22! I hope you enjoyed it:D

This story has passed 5k reads, thank you so much for your support, Readers!*bow*

Sorry I 'm a bit late updating this story, I have been very busy with my assignments and I have been feeling very run-down lately, thanks to the weather:(

Stay healthy, everyone! See you on Saturday!<3

-JuveeMoon-