14

"Wait" Itachi grabbed my wrist and comes closer. "We need to talk" he whispered.

I hold my breath. "N... Now??"

"Meet me after dinner" His tone didn't seem angry, so I assumed that I'm not in trouble. Still, I feel nervous. "Don't tell the others" he continued.

I'm confused, but I nodded my head. "...Okay" 

Itachi let go of me and I let out the breath that I had held. What does he want to talk about? Why do I have to keep this a secret from the other members? 

Realizing I was just standing silently in the corridor, I immediately walked off to my room. I picked up one of my novels, trying to sink into the story so I wouldn't think about the conversation with Itachi earlier. But it's useless, my mind unfocused. I closed my eyes and let out a frustrated sigh. Who knew that reading could be this difficult?

* * *

 "(Y/N)?" Itachi walked over to me who had just finished washing the dishes. It looks like he waited until I was alone and the other members weren't around.

"Let's go for a walk" Itachi said calmly as I followed behind him like a lost puppy. Tonight, the sky was black with clouds. No moon or stars can be seen in the sky.

Itachi didn't say anything and I didn't intend to make small talk with him because I was too nervous. Itachi stopped walking when we reached the river. I also stopped, shivering a little because it was quite cold tonight. I should have put my cloak on when I went out of the hideout.

Itachi turned to face me. He looked at me with his sharp eyes.

"So..." I started. "What do you want to talk about?"

Itachi remained silent. He took a few steps to approached me. "(Y/N), I want you to leave the Akatsuki"

I just stared at him, speechless.

"You can't be in the Akatsuki" He continued in monotone.

I forced myself to speak. "What do you mean? Why all of a sudden...?"

"You don't want to join the Akatsuki, don't you?" Itachi asked. "You were forced to joined the Akatsuki"

"Well... That's true, but now I'm happy to be in Akatsuki" I said honestly.

"You're happy being in the s-ranked organization? Become a criminal?"

I remained silent, unable to reply to his words. 

"I'll tell them that you ran away and guarantee they won't come looking for you. Take this opportunity"

I frowned. "No... I don't want to leave the Akatsuki" my voice trembled. "I finally have a family again, I won't leave them. Didn't you tell me yourself, this is my new life?"

"You don't belong here. We're so dark and you're so bright..."

"Light can't live without darkness. They both depend on each other to survive"

"This is for your own good!" Itachi insisted.

I got annoyed. "I know what's good for me" I hissed. "You... You want me to get out of the Akatsuki so you can get rid of me, right?"

Itachi didn't answer my question. His expression remained the same and I gave up trying to read his expression. I turned my back on him. "I won't leave theAkatsuki. How can you just tell me to abandon everyone?!" I stormed off.

Itachi sighed. She wouldn't understand, he thought.

"Good..." Itachi whispered. "...Hate me" 

* * *

I didn't want to go back to the hideout yet. I'm upset, I need fresh air to cool off. I stopped for a moment and glanced at the sky. There's no full moon, I can't summoned Kuromaru. I sighed, then moving aimlessly again, letting my feet lead me.

The sun had already appeared when I stopped walking. My body felt weak because it kept moving without resting. I sat on a cliff, looking at a small village below. The village where I grew up. Getsugakure. I haven't left this village for long, so nothing has changed. 

I yawned and decided to rest here for a while. I feel better now. My anger is gone, but not with my sadness. Itachi...

"...(Y/N)?"

I turned my head in surprise. My eyes widened seeing my old friend, Akio, standing there. I didn't expect her here. Shouldn't she working in the hospital now? 

I quickly got up and ready to run away.

"Please, don't go!" Akio begged. She sounded sad, and that made me sad too.

I turned to face her. "...Akio" my vision was blurred by the tears. I missed her.

Akio ran and hugged me. This time, I hugged her back.

"(Y/N)..." she whispered as she hugged me. "I won't let you go this time"

After she said that, electricity flowed through my body. I screamed in pain and fell to the ground.

.

.

.

Helloo~! This is part 14! Hope you enjoyed it!^^

By the way, thank you for all of your support for this story!!<3

-JuveeMoon-