XIII

Jordyn I laid in the hospital bed staring off into space

Jordyn
I laid in the hospital bed staring off into space. I heard the door open and I stayed in the same position I was in and didn't dare blink.

Caine walked in and sat down and I saw him staring at me but I still didn't move or say anything to him for that matter.

"So we really doing this?" He asked me.
I finally turned to him and stared.

"I don't know what your talking about." I said hoarsely.

"Yes ya do. You sittin' dere actin' like ain't shit happen between us when you know it did."

I raised my head and looked at him. "Caine where is my son?"

"At mama house, he good. i'm trying to talk to you, about everything."

"What is everything Caine? We got into it, that's it. That's all. I don't have nothin' to say to you."

"Everything as in, I still ain't got over the fact that you told me you was a virgin and whole time you got a fuckin' son lil bit! As close as we was you ain't think to tell me nuthin!?" He stood up.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you judging me, just like you judging me now! I didn't get pregnant with Sekani on purpose and I didn't have sex willingly, I WAS RAPED by a man who was supposed to be my father! Is THAT what you want to hear!?"

I couldn't hold it in any more. The pain was tearing me up inside. I officially felt unworthy. I felt more than broken. I felt more than pain. I just couldn't handle it anymore.

The tears just wouldn't stop. My whole body was on fire from the anger I was feeling inside. I was literally feeling myself break down from the inside out.

The machines started beeping rapidly and the nurses rushed in.

My nurse who took care of me the 2 days I was here sat at my bedside. She was an older lady who gave me mother vibes and I'd learned to adore her.

"Jordyn.. I need you to look at me and I need you to breathe. Just like I taught you at first okay. Breathe."

I looked up at her still crying. "Mrs. Camilla I-I can't. I-I"

She shushed me and grabbed my hands.

"Calm down.. look at me, breathe IN and out."

I looked at her and listened to what she was saying
before closing my eyes and doing so.

Once I calmed down the other nurse nodded at Mrs. Camilla and she stood up and wiped a tear from my face.