XX

Jordyn

Jordyn

I sat at the table counting money when Caine walked in staring at me.

"What?"

"You just look happy that's all."

I gave him a small smile and went back to counting the money.

It was true though I was happy. My 6 weeks were finally up so I was back to normal and all of my checkups have been great.

Sekani was doing great and everything felt calm, but I knew that shit was going to get hectic soon.

After Caine walked in, my dad and Jayceon walked in.

"Tell her." Jayceon said as he motioned between me and my dad.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Tell me what?"

I had put the money down, writing down the last amount I counted so I could keep my place.

I gave my dad my full attention and stared at him. One thing I hated was for someone to beat around the bush with me. If i'm keeping it real with you, then I feel like that should be reciprocated and you should have no reason to be fake with me.

Rico shook his head. "Ya mom
wants to meet you and Maurice's son is looking for you."

I started laughing. "I already knew Maurice's son was looking for me. I've been watching him, and about the mom situation, i'm good."

I picked up the money and started counting again.

"She's dying Jordyn. She's in a mental home and she's dying."

"What does that have to do with me? I was homeless and dying at one point too but I don't think either one of y'all came to my rescue so why should I go to hers?" I asked in all seriousness.

He just looked at me before walking away. I shrugged my shoulders and went back to what I was doing. I definitely didn't have time for this shit today.

"Amp!!" I yelled.

One of the workers I hired as Sekani's and I personal guard came around the corner and stood in front of me.